Search results

1. mind

WTB GHL Doser Maxi and/or parts

I had mine split a tube, then pump salt water into the box and fry the circuit board. Anyone got a Maxi they don't use anymore or one that has a broken pump they cannot get spares for and want to sell?
  2. mind

Pest nem id please

I added a frag to my tank (first in 6 months) and a month later, these started showing up and they are now spreading. Any idea what they are and how to eradicate them? Thanks in advance!
  3. mind

WTB WTB Nepthea soft coral

Does anyone have Pink/Green or other color Nepthea frags for sale?
  4. mind

EcoTech MP40 replacement screen

I designed and printed a MP40 wetside in ABS. Still fine tuning dimensions, but I thought I would share.
  5. mind

Made a tank lid for my 525XL

I have a small CNC router, so I got UV+Impact resistant Polycarbonate offcuts from Altec Plastics in Boston and went to work. Result is this: I still need to add the mesh/etc. At least now I will be able to get fish that jump! :)
  6. mind

Help moving 100gal tank?

Hi all, I moved to MA with my wife so she could be closer to family etc, then got divorced 6 months ago and lost most of our friends in the divorce (since they were her friends originally).... So I am low on people to help me move a tank! The tank is 100gal & 250lbs of glass only (RSR...
  7. mind

Salt water mixing station tanks ?

Heard the new Brute containers leach phosphate. I am also looking for something a little nicer looking in the 50-80gal range that is round or square. Other than ordering online and paying $$$$ for shipping, are there any local places that have a NSF rated rotomolded polyethylene tank ...
  8. mind

If someone could make you skimmer/reactors/etc cheap?

I am currently doing the design of my first marine tank. I need to put my mechanical engineering degree to work. Instead of buying a calcium reactor/etc, it is cheaper to just build it myself..... but only *IF* I had my own CNC router. However, I can build my own large router for around $1k...
  9. mind

Calcium Reactor DIY : need access to CNC Router and drill press...

Hi All, I still don't have a tank stand for my 525XL glass, but I am planning ahead and I want to DIY a Calcium Reactor similar to the Geos Reef 618 model. I need access to: - a CNC router to cut the flanges and o-ring groove - a drill press with vise to cut an offset hole into a acrylic...
  10. mind

New to saltwater. Part 2. Bought and modified a cracked 525XL

Hi all, I first posted in the Introductions section in Dec 2016, but was not able to get a tank until recently when I picked up a cracked Red Sea 525XL. I have removed the Red Sea metric plumbing (because the drain is 1 inch and the return is under 1/2 inch where it does a 90 degree turn...
  11. mind

Removing Red Sea plumbing from a 525XL

I finally got the OK from the wife to get a tank, and picked up a cracked 525XL. The original owner received the tank cracked and Red Sea replaced it, so he sold just the glass on CragsList. The crack was on the overflow box above the waterline and non-structural. While fixing it...
  12. mind

New to saltwater. Trying to convince wife about a tank

Newbie here. First post. Still no tank, but I really want to dive into a SPS dominated tank. Likely 48x24x24 rimless with LED lighting and using the Triton method. Currently reading all I can. My wife is not yet on board with having a tank in the house though. Hah! Just wait till she...
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back