Search results

1. JeanR

WTB Blue/green chromis

Hi all - looking to buy some healthy chromis Thanks Jean
  2. JeanR

WTB Regal Angelfish

Hoping to buy one that is fully acclimated and feeding well. Thanks so much Jean
  3. JeanR

WTB Softies

Hi all - I'm restarting my tank and looking for some softies to get the ball rolling. Colorful, larger pieces at a reasonable price are welcome. Looking for neon green toadstool, weeping willow toadstool, kenya tree, sinularia, gorgonias, etc... Thanks so much! Jean
  4. JeanR

Sold Tank break down - zoa covered live rock

All sold. Thanks everyone!
  5. JeanR

Sold Tank break down - fish for sale

All sold. Thanks everyone!
  6. JeanR

Also a chocolate tang (about 4 inches, still in yellow juvenile phase, eats like a pig) - $80
  7. JeanR

Also a trio of zebra barred dartfish (seems to be two males a female, no fighting and the males flash the female constantly) - $75
  8. JeanR

Sold Tank break down - corals for sale, including show size

The goni is about 10 inches by 10 inches by 10 inches.
  9. JeanR

Hi all - I have a few other posts on corals and zoa rocks for sale in case of interest. I'm hoping to clear some corals and rocks out in the next day or two, so wanted to post the fish which will come next. Fish are fat and super healthy, eat like pigs, and been in my tank for at least a year...
  10. JeanR

Sold Tank break down - zoa covered live rock

Pickup in Belmont MA 02478 Please use PM for any questions/queries This is a piece of live rock I made myself. It has 4 platforms and was designed to display LPS, but can be used lots of ways. The top platform has about 100+ polyps of Halle berry zoas the middle platform has about 200+ polyps...
  11. JeanR

Hi all and thanks for the PMs, I think I responded to everyone and have updated the post with where things currently stand. I'll reach out to folks next in line if buyers fall through.
  12. JeanR

Life has been pretty crazy and I'm going to shut my 120g down and take a break from the hobby. Everything has been my tank for at least two years (most for much more than that) and have been doing great. These are large pieces at good prices, I am not currently able to frag but they are...
  13. JeanR

Anyone trying brackish?

yes, they are good fun and easy to keep in a brackish system. Tropic Isle usually has them in stock. I bought a couple cheap plastic lily pads online and use them as feeding spots (and just place frozen mysis on them). The mudskipper's spend most of the day out of the water and don't seem to...
  14. JeanR

Anyone trying brackish?

The brackish tank is doing great! No water changes, super low maintenance which is a pretty nice change. I have 3 mud skippers, a handful of local shore crabs and started w/ 5 fancy guppies but now have probably 40 or 50. Nerite snails provide a pretty decent CUC. The mangroves are growing...
  15. JeanR

Thoughts on adding Many fish all at once?

Thanks for your comment @Edward I respect your opinion but disagree. I also have a strong scientific background including a BS in microbiology, and PhD in biochemistry/molecular biology. Have you looked at the literature that Dr. Tim published and bases his whole company on? It's crap that...
  16. JeanR

Thoughts on adding Many fish all at once?

There is likely no right answer here. But adding them in thoughtful batches to avoid agression makes good sense. Anyone who talks about tank microbiome with authority is just fooling themselves. No one knows. Dr Tim doesn't know and he is making millions convincing people otherwise. I've added...
  17. JeanR

Baby Brine Shrimp Hatchery

I regularly use waste water from my main system to hatch baby brine. Works great, no issues. The salinity from a reef system is a little bit higher than recommended for "optimal" brine hatching, but you won't be able to tell the difference (and brine shrimp eggs are super cheap).
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back