Search results

1. ThunderGoose

Power outage

Went without power for 27 hours. Got up this morning when the power came on and found my sea cucumber out doing her usually morning sand poop! Whew. I only used a battery powered airstone in my RSR250 (50 some odd gallons in the display). The temperature got down to 68 and the pH was in the low...
  2. ThunderGoose

My Husband Almost Killed My Tank

Let me preface by saying my husband is a very intelligent guy. But he sometimes lacks common sense. Like a lot of houses in New England we don't have central air so we make due with window units. Last night my husband turned off the window units and fans and opened windows when he came to bed...
  3. ThunderGoose

Does anyone have a Caribbean biotope or any biotope?

That's why I set up the nano - so I could keep sexy shrimp.
  4. ThunderGoose

A puffer? Cool. That is a personable fish from what I hear. I'm not able to access any of my tank picts right now but I'm also thinking of rearranging things and adding some rock flower anemones. The sexies hang out on the the ricordeas for now. They're entertaining to watch. I keep thinking I...
  5. ThunderGoose

Don't be jelly. They are gorgeous but when I say I see it once a month I'm not kidding. And usually as soon as she realizes I'm watching she's back in a hiding spot. She doesn't even come out at feeding time.
  6. ThunderGoose

TBS rock was fantastic. I did get TWO mantis shrimp. I hear KP doesn't have as many mantis shrimp. Right now I have: sexy shrimp, Pederson's shrimp, gorgonians, a red macroalgae, some ricordea, mini-hermits, a snapping shrimp and miscellaneous snails and at least one small crab. For fish I have...
  7. ThunderGoose

I have a nano tank biotope with all organisms from S. Florida locations. It was easy to set up. I got live rock from Tampa Bay Saltwater and most corals, fish and inverts from KP Aquatics.
  8. ThunderGoose

Apex WAV question -

@LoveTheReef carries Apex stuff. You could check with them.
  9. ThunderGoose

Is there a personals section?

I wouldn't add more gobies but maybe another shrimp. Someone with more experience maybe able to change me in on whether multiple pistol shrimp can live together. Reef2reef has a good invertebrate forum that might be able to help.
  10. ThunderGoose

Free Free Pickings For Today (Salem MA)

Could I come tomorrow? I could use some more snails but I can't make it today.
  11. ThunderGoose

Hope your days going better then mine

Fresh RODI will float on top of saltwater unless mixed or until the salt has had time to diffuse into the freshwater. My guess is that has something to do with the low salinity reading. Hopefully that means it wasn't as bad as it sounds.
  12. ThunderGoose

Do you use Phyto?

I use phyto in my nano tank. It kept my coco worm alive until I ran out (the worm lived for over a year) and seems to be good for my gorgonians. I am growing my own - it's easy and cheap. I dose a squirt a day. If you (or anyone else) want to start a culture I can give you a start from my culture.
  13. ThunderGoose

BEST PLACE to buy a fish online ** Any recommendation? **

I've gotten several ORA fish with only QT time and no signs of illness.
  14. ThunderGoose

Surf clams

I love those little guys! I bet they eat very small plankton and would be hard to keep. Since they spend most of the time buried in the sand I doubt anyone would want to put that much effort into them. I know I wouldn't.
  15. ThunderGoose

How to stop bad algae problem?

The bubble algae is an "easy" problem algae. It's not too difficult to remove by hand. Try not to burst the bubbles. I have it in my display tank and I check for it during my water changes. I usually find a few bubbles. I also got several emerald crab to help with this one. I'm not sure if they...
  16. ThunderGoose

Urchin Eating Coral

I put a sheet of Nori in my tank about once a week and I've seen one of my urchins on it.
  17. ThunderGoose

BRS website major upgrade

Excellent. I like the way R2R is set up and will be happy to see things like the like buttons.
  18. ThunderGoose

Anybody have experience with this tank?

I have a Red Sea Reefer 250 (bigger size) and I've been ~85% happy with mine. I wish the sump was bigger (and the ATO tank). But the stand is really good and sturdy. You can buy tops for them - I got one with a mesh screen to stop jumpers and allow good gas exchange.
  19. ThunderGoose

Happy new year, Happy new Reef!

I was afraid of that. The whole reef light thing is confusing (especially since these lights are often sold as components and it's up to the aquarist to figure them out) and expensive. This system should at least get me started until I can save up for something nicer and then I can move it over...
  20. ThunderGoose

Happy new year, Happy new Reef!

Hi, everyone. I'm just starting my first ever reef tank and it's a beaut - a Red Sea Reefer 250 (54 gallons in display). I set it up in December and am still in the process of cycling so I don't have much to share... yet! But I'm sure I'll have a LOT of questions. My equipment: Red Sea...
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back