Search results

1. jasonrusso

WTB 20 gallon tank

Looking for a 20G Long tank. Would be interested in a lid and filter also. Would consider a 20G tall.
  2. jasonrusso

Venus fly trap palys poisonous to fish?

Years ago I got some free green palys from @dz6t. They are the gift that keeps on giving. Right now both my tanks are fallow. I've been cleaning up the reef tank and putting clippings in my FOWLER (I guess it isn't a FOWLER anymore). I put some of the green palys in the fowler. Then it occurred...
  3. jasonrusso

Gone Huge Volitan Lionfish "Free"

It's Thanksgiving so it's come time to move my turkeyfish. I have a 10" volitan lionfish. He is super healthy, very active, and easy to care for. He eats anything. He eats out of the water colum, he eats off a stick. He eats live. He competes for food. He is at least 10" from head to...
  4. jasonrusso

Anybody know Mayhem?

Anybody know of or has done business with this member? I paid him last week for an Apex display. It was supposed to ship on Friday, but I haven't heard anything. He isn't responding to messages anymore. I'm sure I'm going to get the standard "personal problem" or "family emergency," but that...
  5. jasonrusso

WTB Apex Display

Does anyone have an Apex display they want to sell?
  6. jasonrusso

Will removing 1 agressive clown stop agression?

I have a 34 Gallon Red Sea tank. I've a pair of midnight clowns for almost 5 years. They are a mated pair and lay eggs frequently, and have a BTA to play in. Recently, they have become very aggressive towards all the other fish in the tank. I recently added 2 firefish (to replace one I had for...
  7. jasonrusso

Smaller silverslides

Anyone know where I can get smaller silverslides? The Sally's are always too big. I think the Ocean Nutrition brand had smaller ones, but I don't know where to get them.
  8. jasonrusso

Help, goby and jawfish compatibility

I bought a blue spot jawfish from LA Diver's den about 6 weeks ago. He's been in QT since then and he is ready for the primetime. My plan was to put him in my 220 fowler to add some color, well my fuzzy dwarf lion spoiled that. He was showing too much interest in him and started "hunting" him...
  9. jasonrusso

Isolating clowns due to aggression

I've had a pair of midnight clowns for 3 years. They were the same size when I got them. Recently one of them got noticeably larger, so I assume one made the change to female. They have always been a hostile couple, bickering back and forth, but this week I noticed the male in the corner in...
  10. jasonrusso

New automatic test kit mixer SR Aquaristik

I just got this new SR Aquaristik mixer. Adjustable speed and works with Salifert and Red Sea vials (probably more, but that's all I have. https://sraquaristik.com/products/speed-test
  11. jasonrusso

Pretty peaceful wrasse

I recently had to remove a bicolor angel for being a bully. He was picking on my dwarf lionfish and angler. I'm looking for a wrasse that will not have the same behavior. I like fairy wrasse, but I never realized that there are so many variants. Some say peaceful, some say semi-agressive. I...
  12. jasonrusso

Gone Bi-color Angel

I have a bully Bi-color angel I finally caught. Free to a good home of my choosing (I'm not giving him to someone with a 20 gallon cube. He is a bully, but I still care about him). When I say bully, he is fine with my tang, foxface, puffer, but he nips my lionfish and angler. I just ask...
  13. jasonrusso

Mosquito fish (Gambusia) as feeders

Has anyone ever used Gambusia (mosquito fish) as feeders for a predator tank?
  14. jasonrusso

Acrylic rods

Any idea where I can buy acrylic rods in the Merrimack Valley?
  15. jasonrusso

Is slate floor tile safe

I want to make a big cave for my porcupine puffer to sleep in during the day. It's going to have to be 12-14" deep. I was thinking of using gray slate floor tile from HD. Is that aquarium safe? I'd use ceramic or porcelain too, but most of those are glazed.
  16. jasonrusso

Where to buy glass

I need a piece of glass for a project (beer fridge) . Probably 1/4 Inch as it needs to hold weight. Where can I get a particular size cut?
  17. jasonrusso

Eels at HMart

At HMart in Burlington, they have live eels. Any idea what kind they are? The guy at the counter was less than helpful.
  18. jasonrusso

Anyone have a acclimation box?

I'm introducing a new fish next week and my Bi-Color angel has become a little bully to new inhabitants. Does anyone have a larger size acclimation box I can borrow?
  19. jasonrusso

DIY diffusion plate material

I want to add a top diffusion plate to my sulfur reactor. It is a Seapora Large reactor (similar to Aquamaxx TS-2). I can't buy the plate separately. What can I use to make the plate? Something like this? https://www.amazon.com/Polyvin...Staggered-Opaque/dp/B00CPRF84E Is there something more...
  20. jasonrusso

Turbostart 900

Does anyone local (North shore) sell Fritz Turbostart 900?
Back