Search results

1. G

Scoly rescue attempt

Picked up a scoly that's 3/4 receded but has mouth intact. Any recommendations on how to cut the dead skeleton away without using a bandsaw? Want to give it the best chance of reviving
  2. G

Apex issue

Anyone having trouble connecting to fusion? The app won't run for me and the website on computer is also saying offline
  3. G

Lobo excreting filaments

Should I be worried about this? New coral, levels stable, nitrates about 5.
  4. G

Lighting for 40 breeder

I've done a lot of research on the best lighting for this size tank, and I still can't decide what will work best. Radions are out of the question, and while I do like the Chinese black boxes, I don't have a way to hang them high enough for the best spread on their own. I'm considering the new...
  5. G

Glass cages

Does anyone have a glass cages tank or any experience with one? I'm looking at ordering a 90g cube and affordability wise the options are limited. I was looking at the marineland 93g but people have been reporting tons of issues with seam failures. Obviously the more I pay the less I have to...
  6. G

Sos coral battle

Had a chalice piece get blown into some acans which started to kill the chalice. Should I break off the piece of chalice that hasn't been brutally attacked? Or can it recover on its own?
  7. G

Power outage and apex

So my power went out early early this morning(what fun) and it's finally back up and running now. One of my EB8s says amps peaked at 92, right before the incident. I'm not home to test the outlets right now, but is that unit fried? Or has anyone else seen the same thing
  8. G

Bryopsis alternatives

For anyone interested in a more natural termination of bryopsis, it only takes one easy step! Let the tank get overrun by aptasia! It kills bryopsis right off. In all seriousness I had a soccer ball size of bryopsis growing in a less tended tank and it only took a couple aptasia to kill it off...
  9. G

CuC!!

I've recently seen a lot of tanks with larger wrasses and not the invert friendly kind. Do most people use snails and crabs still in these tanks? Or do you just let your wrasses finish them off and control nutrients otherwise? Wondering if I should donate my CuC to the wrasse lords
  10. G

T5 supplement

Looking to blast my tank with more light. I have 3 165w viparspectras over a 125 and want to add a retrofit t5 in, what would anyone recommend for that? And what specific wattage? Thinking about a 2x54 w kit
  11. G

What is this...again

Almost look like very tiny brittle star arms, but they don't appear to be moving from the cracks in the rock.
  12. G

Nutrient control!

People with overstocked reef systems, what's your key to success with nutrient control? I want to know if you guys have larger sumps, algae scrubbers, weekly water changes, carbon dose, or whatever else!
  13. G

Invader?

found this crawling around my rock today? Anyone know anything about fluorescent nudibranches?
  14. G

Clownfish moving anemone??

Anyone have this happen? He's literally moving the rock which the anemones is on. He moved it off the rock work and then I watched him push it across the sand bed.
  15. G

Moorish idols and reefs

anyone have any history with MIs in reef tanks? Or know of the corals/inverts they typically will eat?
  16. G

Sps problem?

Can someone with more sps experience tell me what it happening to my little porites? It looks like two brown growths on the tips. I just received it last week and it arrived in poor condition. I don't have any pests and didn't drop it or anything.
  17. G

Skittish Rabbitfish

I've had this foxface for about three months now. For the two months he's been in my DT hes been extremely skittish and hides anytime I approach the tank, and gets even more stressed out during feeding time. He eats no problem but just dashes really quickly towards the food and stresses out my...
  18. G

Hey all, been lurking for a while, love the community finally able to join today!
  19. G

Goniopora!

Picked up a couple goniopora frags this weekend and I've been reading now that they're hard to keep long term (over a year). Anyone have luck in doing so and what have you done specifically to ensure their growth?
  20. G

Emerald Crabs Safe?

Just picked up a couple larger emerald craps for my 125 mixed, and noticed later that one of them was hanging onto a zoa colony probably picking at algae. Has anyone had issues with the larger specimens actually eating their corals? Or are they simply picking in between or even just stealing food?
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back