Search results

1. C

ID of these

Can someone ID these and let me know if they are good or bad? Thanks!
  2. C

Urchin Spewing White Stuff

I just walked by my tank and noticed that it was really cloudy. Found my urchin spewing this white stringy stuff out of the top of it. Is it spawning? If so, will this cause any issues to other tank inhabitants?
  3. C

Hawaii Ends Aquarium Fish Collection

It's ok to catch them to eat though! https://www.reef2rainforest.com/2021/01/16/hawaiis-aquarium-fishery-is-shuttered-pending-review/
  4. C

Salifert Alk Test Kit Question

I just came close to the end of one kit and decided that it was time to compare it with the new kit. To my surprise, the new one was 1 dkh higher than the old one. Thought it was a fluke so I tried again and got the same result. Today is the second day to compare them and I got the exact same...
  5. C

Clownfish Eye Growth

I just noticed that my maroon clown has a growth on her eye. I'll try and get a better picture, but she doesn't like when I put my phone up to the tank. Anyone have any idea what it may be? Should I just leave it and see if it heals itself?
  6. C

ICP Test Results Question

So...I was having issues with losing some of my sps and lps so I sent in an ATI ICP test to see if there was something wrong with my water. The ATI test also tests an ro water sample as well. The ro came back perfect so I know that is not the issue. The tank water came back at 90%. The major...
  7. C

Live Black Worms

Does anyone know where to get live black worms? Closer to central MA would be better.
  8. C

Wrasse Question

I am thinking about adding a couple of wrasses (reef safe variety) to my tank. I know that some wrasse require a sand bed and others don't. My tank is bare bottom, so is there a way to know which species I would be able to add to my tank?
  9. C

Anthias with pop eye

I noticed last night that my anthias has a pop eye. I did some research and found that people use epsom salt to cure this. My concern with adding the epsom salt to my tank is that I am leaving on vacation tomorrow for 2 weeks, so I won't be able to watch my tank if any issues arise. Will it...
  10. C

Lighting for my 120

Just about to get my 120 up and running. I'm going to be running 4 T5's and 2 Hydra 26 HD's. For the T5's, I'm not sure if I should run 4 blue plus or 2 blue plus/2 actinic. Any suggestions? Also what light schedule/intensity levels for the Hydras? Thanks!
  11. C

SC Aquarium Overflow Question

I'm just getting ready to plumb my new SC Aquarium 120 and realize that I cannot get my arm into the overflow due to the euro brace on the tank. It has 3 holes so I am going to run a herbie style drain with the middle hole for the return. It comes setup for the return to tee at the top with 2...
  12. C

Freshly mixed salt water

I mixed some new salt water to do a water change and I found that the heater tripped my GFI. Looks like the heater is junk. My question is should I use the water or should I be concerned of impurities from the bad heater and dump the water?
  13. C

Drain plumbing question

I am setting up a new system and have a question about the pipe size of the drain. It is going to be a durso drain. The tank came with the durso which is 1-1/4" and reduced to the bulkhead that is 1". What size should I run the drain line to my sump which will be in my basement? Thanks.
  14. C

Newbie going to the meeting tomorrow

Hi Everyone, New to the forum, but have had a 65 gallon mixed reef for the past few years. I plan on attending the meeting tomorrow and joining BRS in hopes of getting some info for a new build that I am planning. I've been watching the site and there is a lot of great information on here...
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back