Search results

1. Abrooks12376

What a scrapper

My glass was really really bad. I was picking up paint at a benjamin moore store and while waiting saw this 4" blade on a plastic handle.. boooom! Thing is a beast. Just have to rinse well after use to prevent rust. Best $8 I've ever spent
  2. Abrooks12376

Free Oceanic 125... in pieces

I picked it up, broke it down, cleaned it up (some). Parked it in my garage where it remains. It's a project for sure. I have 2 tubes of aquarium silicone at the ready and an idea. Anyone?? Fun little spring project.. or almost 2 frag tanks! Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
  3. Abrooks12376

So close...

This little fella is inches from primary objective.. hope he finds his way Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
  4. Abrooks12376

Back from the brink

I text dong about taking the tank, I thought it was a full crash. Lost my birdsnest and 2 shrimp I've had for years. The algae was oppressive. I did a big clean, think its salvageable.. needs another big clean and wc. Didnt want to pile on.. these critters are tougher than expected. Sent from...
  5. Abrooks12376

135 gal with 40 gal sump

Before i get to far. This build is for a planted discus tank. Fresh watah...i know.. I know... but! I want the option for a simple conversion to a reef if and when I decide to do so. I have a oceanic 135 gal that I will be taking apart and resealing. Figure I may as well poke a few holes in it...
  6. Abrooks12376

Qt with treated tap water?

Any one see any problem with sticking my new watchman goby in a 10 gal qt with mixed tap water for a couple weeks? Chunk of lr on a sand pile, heater, powerhead. Should I run carbon? Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
  7. Abrooks12376

Emerald crabs

Can you guys offer up any experience/opinions on these little guys? Good for clearing up some algae or not worth the risk to.other livestock? Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
  8. Abrooks12376

Pp4 dual pump controller??

Does this exist? I'd like to run two pumps in tandem off a single controller. Do I have any options. Are controllers interchangeable? Seems the mp series has one. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
  9. Abrooks12376

The official 3rd sh*t show of March thread

So....like.... here we go again.. just ventured out to work, got a mile from the house and noped my truck around. It's nasty out there, sticky wet sleet on the roads and sideways snow coming down in blankets. The house needs me home today. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
  10. Abrooks12376

Food for thought

Have it, love it. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
  11. Abrooks12376

Outdoors?

Has anyone ever setup an out door system for growing coral under the sun? Weather permitting of course Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
  12. Abrooks12376

Ro trouble

Anyone else having issues with ro unit and this cold source water?? Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
  13. Abrooks12376

Gfo preference

What's everyone using for their gfo reactors? I have some phosban I'm using up at the moment but looking to switch. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
  14. Abrooks12376

Loctite sale

$4 and change at home depot. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
  15. Abrooks12376

I make a mess! And a reactor!

I'm making things today, pretty sure a phosphate export reactor will help me. Maybe not.. I'm building one anyways.. Ps- if you havnt superglued sh** to your finger.. you're doing it wrong.. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
  16. Abrooks12376

I think I'm pretty bummed, not 100% though.

Havnt seen my awesome little ywg in a few days.. I think back and my rbta was all closed up like the time I gave it shrimp.. I fear the worst... What is an appropriate punishment for this behavior?? I would try grounding it to its cave but it has an Xbox and hover board so it's not really...
  17. Abrooks12376

Clogged di resin?

Any one ever get a clogged up cartridge? Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
  18. Abrooks12376

Power head/wave maker decision.

Evening fine folks! I have a 29 gal.mixed reef. Have a stupid amount of hydor running. One 850, 2-450 and a 240 in the bottom back for detritus mediation. I had a few from my planted tanks so I got the controller and went that route.. blahh.. they can go back to the fw tanks. I need something...
  19. Abrooks12376

Whos using h202 in their reef tank?

Any experiences you can share? I use it in my fw planted all the time with food results. Did a little experiment in the mixed last night. Hopefully it's not nuked when I get home tonight:/ Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
  20. Abrooks12376

Molly's in a reef tank?

I've been reading.. seems as though a fw Molly cam be acclimated to sw and they eat green hair algae?? anyone have any insight here? Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back