Search results

1. M

IM EXT 200 Peninsula Build

I purchased my IM200 EXT in November '23 and received it about 6 weeks later. I was expecting Mar/Apr delivery. Great tank. I am plumbing now, but going slow. Enjoy the build! I will certainly be following along.
  2. M

Jump Off Free Giveaway! from On Point Corals, LLC

Thank you for offering the giveaway! One SPS coral I am looking to add is a TSA Fruity Pebbles
  3. M

Skin Irritation During Tank Cleaning

I almost always have the swelling and itchiness when brushing up against anemone's. Sometimes to the point where my finger will swell a considerable amount. This also happens when I come in contact with my lobo's. If I am going to touch any of these, I will wear gloves for sure. I also use...
  4. M

Event Save the Date | April 3rd @ 7PM | BRS Presents Dr. Sanjay Joshi | Zoom Meeting

Great talk! Enjoyed the information and makes you think about the accuracy of testing. Thank you for putting this together. Looking forward to the next one!
  5. M

Raising Temperature to Battle Dinoflagellates

I am just turning the corner in my dino issue (over 6 months). It was so bad at one point that it was clogging my overflow daily. Raising the temperatures did cause a noticeable decrease in the amount of dino in the tank, but for my system, it did not totally eradicate the dinos. I can...
  6. M

I appreciate the input. I have been dosing Dino-X along with raising the temperatures. I believe I am on dose 5 now and it has certainly slowed down. I have had a number of SPS die off over the past two weeks while dosing Dino-X. However, the corals have been stressed from all the changing...
  7. M

Thank you for sharing your experience! It's great to hear insight and personal experiences from fellow reefers. I've been in the hobby over 15 years and this battle has surely been the most disheartening, as I have not dealt with a serious dino outbreak before. I have seen a significant...
  8. M

I have been battling Dino's for over two months in my 100g reef tank that I've had set up for over 5 years now. The tank has never experienced Dino's before (not a noticeable amount). I believe the cause of the algae was that I only had about 5 fish in my 100g for a long period of time and the...
  9. M

Where do our members live?

Nashua, NH
  10. M

Photographing Your Reef Tank with Your Phone, Gel Filters and an App

Parkers Reef is an awesome Youtube channel. Should have a ton more subs than it does, but I'm sure he'll catch up. Great video.
  11. M

Vote for June Photo Contest Entries

Awesome picture! congrats!
  12. M

Fraghouse Corals Summer Inferno Live Sale this Saturday 6/29/19 11-3 CST

Yup. The good ones still had a decent price tag so I limited myself to 2 high end's. At the rate acros grow in my tank, I should be able to frag the pikachu by 2025
  13. M

Fraghouse Corals Summer Inferno Live Sale this Saturday 6/29/19 11-3 CST

That's a nice score! I picked up a Walt Disney, OG Pikachu Acro, ORA Green Planet and a $1 acro. Great live sale!
  14. M

Bubble Algae

I have used the product Vibrant in the past. It works. In my experience, the negative side effect I've encountered was a little bit of Cyano when the treatment was finished.
  15. M

2nd Annual BRS Fragtastic Show!!! Sept 8.

Great raffle prizes this year. Looking forward to the event. I know it's from 12-4PM, but I will not be attending the full 4 hours. What time will the drawing take place?
  16. M

Has anyone tried Miracle Mud (or similar)?

I've had miracle mud for the past year now (100g mixed reef)... 15lb. They recommend more, but I do not have enough room in the sump for it. You will have to be strategic with how you introduce the miracle mud into your tank, if you do not want a mess in your display. I used containers that...
  17. M

Ann. BRS Fragtastic Show!!

Does anyone know what time the raffle is scheduled to take place?
  18. M

who needs a membership card ?

I do.
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back