Search results

1. J

Sold SOLD Instant slice of reef / garden $100

Nothing rare or expensive here, but a chunk of actual established live rock covered with the following; -"Orange oxide" zoas 20+ polyps -"Rasta" zoas 15+ polyps -"Smurfette" zoas 30+ polyps -Bright blue/purple centers with bright green rims, probably named but who knows. Personal...
  2. J

Tip of the day - wear a headlamp for water testing

Sharing because some of us may have not discovered this little hack; When doing water testing (titration, color change hard to see) wear a LED headlamp. Focused, white light makes it so much easier for my old eyes to discern pale pink from pale blue.... (a good white lamp works too, but give...
  3. J

WTB WTB mini brittle stars

I'm looking for a dozen or to seed my tank. Will pay cash - (What's your time worth to collect the little buggers?) John
  4. J

Overconfidence :(

I don't post much anymore, nor have I had much interest in the hobby for the past couple of years. That said, my system was automated enough that I was able to ignore it almost completely for 2-3 years with little consequence other than a thriving hair algae problem. In particular I had many...
  5. J

Question about SCA overflows>

Question to anyone who has a SCA tank or knows them better than I do. In the pictures online, I can see that their overflows have slits on the top edge, and a set of slits lower down on the front of the overflow box. See the picture here, (click on the picture if what I'm asking about is not...
  6. J

DIY corner overflow box for a 20L - For January 2016 DIY meeting demo

This overflow will be installed in a 20Long as a demo for the January meeting. Cutting acrylic is way too messy to be doing at a meeting venue so I decided to prepare the overflow in advance. At the meeting I'll drill the tank, then install this overflow box. First, getting acrylic sheet...
  7. J

Discussion in Marketplace threads - IS NEVER ALLOWED

Due to some ongoing lack of understanding about the rules, I am posting this reminder about the BRS marketplace forum rules. The Marketplace forums are for buying, selling and trading goods and livestock. Members are welcome to post things that they would like to buy, sell or trade...
  8. J

Welcome to your forum Dong!

Welcome
  9. J

How many gallons before a nano is no longer a nano?

So we're trying out this new forum, but haven't decided on a cut off for tank size. So what is a nano?
  10. J

Tank transfer method.

Who's doing it? Who has some experience to share? Has it worked as well as advertised? I'm @ half way through my first use of tank transfer with a few gobies and It's looking good so far. Much less stress than copper or hypo.
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back