Search results

1. mrcote1

Light Question

After about 5 years of being out of the hobby (mostly) im getting back in finally now that we are finally moved into the house we plan on staying in and renovations are all done! Im going with the Waterbox Infinia 190.5 but im stuck on what lights to get. I was originally thinking the Radion...
  2. mrcote1

WTB Dragons breath, gorgonians, other macroalgae

I am looking to buy some dragons breath for a dwarf seahorse tank so it must be from a system with no hydroids. Also looking for any other any other type of nice looking macro algae good for hitching post and can root in sand. Looking for a non photosynthetic gorgonian as well that is on the...
  3. mrcote1

FS 75 gallon reef break down

75 gallon reef tank breakdown. All items listed have been cleaned using distilled vinegar and water and everything worked great upon breaking down. If interested please text me at 413-813-9229 as I will respond fastest. You can PM me on here but response times will be much slower. Located in...
  4. mrcote1

FS Reef tank setup breakdown

Broke down my 75 gallon reef tank setup and am selling everything. All livestock is gone but all equipment is available. I have listed out the big items below but I have many other small things that if you come to purchase equipment I can throw in if you spend enough, or add on for cheap (things...
  5. mrcote1

Sold Tank breakdown sale

Hi everyone, I am getting out of the hobby (might keep a small 5 gallon seahorse tank) but I am selling everything including all equipment and livestock from my 75 gallon reef setup. I would like to sell all livestock together in one big go as I do not want to deal with multiple arrangements as...
  6. mrcote1

Question on getting out of hobby

Hi everyone, The time has come again where I am going to be looking at selling my whole system. Im sure Ill be back again some day. People who have left the hobby before, what was the easiest way to sell off everything? A total sell off of everything as a package including fish and coral? Or...
  7. mrcote1

FS Hammer colony and polyp rock

Im selling a large colony of hammers. And a rock of two different types of polyps. Too many heads to get an accurate count for the hammers but it looks like around 40 to 50 heads. I swiped in front of the hammer to get it to close up before snapping the picture so you can get a rough idea of how...
  8. mrcote1

Complete rock change

Hi everyone, it's been a while since I posted. Got pretty busy and tank was neglected for months. Since i started my tank I never had luck with any sps coral even with all parameters in check but I always had small amounts of copper in the tank. I suspect thats why acros dont grow in my tank. I...
  9. mrcote1

Got live rock or know where to get it?

I am having another Dinos outbreak and the UV sterilizer and cutting back on nutrient export isnt cutting it this time. Ive never put any live rock in my system and started everything using dry sand and rock so I think im going to try increasing my biodiversity by adding live rock. Does anyone...
  10. mrcote1

I.D. please

Anyone know what this is ALL over my rocks. They have been there for a long time now and don't bother anything but I'm just curious what they are
  11. mrcote1

Tuxedo urchin stealing frags

So I had a bubblegum millepora that was doing very poorly in my tank. It almost definitely wasn't going to make it anyway so I moved it lower on my rocks to see if a new placement could help it. I didnt bother gluing it to the rock. This was about a week ago. I completley forgot about it because...
  12. mrcote1

Low Potassium level in reef crystal

A while back I posted about my DT having very low potassium levels and after much research I am thinking it is part of the reason my coral colors are not where they should be. So I've done many large water changes and still 330 ppm potassium. I started testing fresh salt batches of reef...
  13. mrcote1

Return Pump failure

So I left for the Carribean for 9 days and not even a full 24 hours after I left, my basement return pump that I've had for about 9 months fails. Thankfully I had battery air pumps and a temporary backup heater in my DT just for that reason but my tank dropped to 74 degrees and the evaporation...
  14. mrcote1

Potassium levels

Just got a salifert potassium test kit. I'm showing 330 ppm potassium which is very low from my understanding. Anyone know of a good product to use to raise potassium only that you have used and like?
  15. mrcote1

How to raise nitrates

I've been doing a lot of reading on how to raise nitrates and I'm not a huge fan on most of the ideas such as stump remover, turning off protein skimmer, or just way overfeeding. I cant seem to find a product made for aquariums to raise nitrates. Does anyone know of a good product that will...
  16. mrcote1

Poly filter pads

Anyone ever use the poly filter pads? I've been using them for a couple months now and they always turned green on me. I never thought anything of it before but I noticed other peoples always turned brown. When I looked it up it says green means free copper ions. Blue just means regular...
  17. mrcote1

Blue velvet nudibranch

After extensive research on getting rid of flatworms (the harmless kind) I've decided to not go with chemicals since it isn't necessary. I plan on getting a blue star leopard wrasse when I find one but in the mean time I have read the blue velvet nudibranch only eat flatworms. Saltwaterfish.com...
  18. mrcote1

getting zoas off a rock

I bought a small rock with two types of zoas and some other coral on it. Id like to remove the zoas and put them on a frag plug to seperate them and also dont want the rock in my tank any longer since I don't want the coraline algae taking over. On videos people show methods of using a wood...
  19. mrcote1

Cool aquascape arches/bridges

Looking to use that E-Marco-400 mortar and a bunch of pieces of live rock to make a decent sized bridge/arch in the center of my tank. Anyone have any pictures of arches or bridges they have to give me some ideas? Here is a picture of the rock work without the arch in the center, i'd like the...
  20. mrcote1

Fish stuck

Ive got a pintail wrasse that got himself stuck in a tiny rock crevice and I cant get him out and he cant get himself out, im afraid if i break the rock ill kill him. Any suggestion?
Back