Search results

1. A

Free Free Pickings For Today (Salem MA)

Picked up.
  2. A

these are the stragglers from my sump that I didn't clean out before the guy took all my livestock last week. They are in a plastic bag in my kitchen ... 2 big astria, 4-5 small snails, 1 big naus snail, a stoma, and 2 pep shrimp. they won't last overnight in a bag.
  3. A

Still available.
  4. A

I just got rid of my last tank and I found a few left over snails (stoma, naus, astria, etc.) and there is still a 20g sump with a ton of stuff in it. If you want ot come up to Salem MA today and take the snails and pick through the sump for hermits, shrimps, snails, and other stuff than you...
  5. A

Trigger Systems Crystal Cube 18 Sump

Do you clean the fuge at all? I have a CTR HOB fuge right now that will get all covered with algae and I jest dropped a astraea snail in there and it keeps the clear acrylic clean.
  6. A

Free Purigen bags

I have a bunch of Purigen bags I don't need anymore. They have been used for a few months but i have recharged them. But you can clean/recharge them when you get them as they have just been sitting in a jar of distilled water on the shelf for 3 months.. If you want one just let me know, I have 4...
  7. A

Trigger Systems Crystal Cube 18 Sump

Trigger Systems Crystal Cube 18 Sump Doe anyone have any experience with the Trigger Systems Crystal Cube 18 Sump? I'm thinking about wasting more money and I need something to fit in a 20x24x22 space with a little room to spare. This sump is 18x18x15. I haven't been able to find any write ups...
  8. A

What is your preferred macro algae to populate a refugium with?

What is your preferred macro algae to populate a refugium with? This is a clean start fuge. Dragon's Tongue Algae, Blue Hypnea Algae, Chaetomorpha Algae, Something else? The fuge will actually have a display section as well.
  9. A

Sump intake and output baffle dimensions

Does it really matter how much space is in the input and output side of the sump? I want to maximize the size of the refugeium by having as small of an intake chamber and as small of an output chamber as I need to have. Normally I would test the sh** out of this but right now I don’t have that...
  10. A

Gone Monster Flower Rock Nem

Arsalan picked that monster up ... thanks bud. Tell us how that giant freak of nature is doing.
  11. A

Nems and Lighting

it was just getting big ... really big ... and feeling things with teeny tiny tips of its death noodles that it had to explore.
  12. A

Nems and Lighting

I have a RFA right now that goes for extended walkabouts all over my high end zoa frag rack ... little prick. I've got someone coming to take it away this week ... but if my sump was up and running I would just put it in there for now. Because right now as we speak and I'm at work that...
  13. A

3rd lol
  14. A

Ok if Arsalan doesn't get it I will let you know.
  15. A

All yours. PM me your deets and when you can pick up.
  16. A

Nems and Lighting

So I bought this light here (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071LJKNWS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1) for a sump I'm putting together. The sump will just be growing macro algae in the refugium however I might end up housing misfit murder crabs, starfish, etc. in there as a time...
  17. A

Fully puffed out it is as big as a softball ... its just a big fat FRA. It is much bigger since this picture. Pick up in Salem.
  18. A

Refugium Light Question

Refugium Light Question I’m putting a 2nd 10g refugium sump (the first one is a 5g HOB) on my tank. It will be a refugium from the over flow into the sump and out by return. I already have a HOB skimmer. I have most everything figured out except I’m questioning my choice of lighting now. I...
  19. A

Best Substrate for Sump/Refugium

I'm putting together a 10g sump once my baffles get in. It will just be in overflow in, refugium, I guess some trays for carbon or something, and then return out. I will probably use most of the tank for the refugium and keep the baffles as far apart as I can for that. I will likely want 2-4...
  20. A

Overflow into sump question

How deep into your sump to you let the overflow tube go? Right to the bottom? to the top of the tank? Somewhere in the middle? I'm not running socks or a skimmer in this sump just a refugium so I was figuring I'd run the hose all the way to the bottom on the overflow section as I won't ever...
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back