Search results

1. madducks42

FS RS Reefer 425 XL, two Hydra 52 HD lights, Apex, and everything else you need

We're selling our big tank, a Red Sea Reefer 425 XL, along with all of the hardware we've used. We just have too many other hobbies. The tank is currently set up and functional with a few fish and some coral in it. Once I clean it, I'll post a current pic, but the pics below are from when it...
  2. madducks42

Pending Free box of misc stuff, including CW-100 algae scrubber - Belmont, MA

We're cleaning out the closet of fish stuff we don't need/use any more. Its a mixed lot, and you have to take the whole box, preferably Sunday pickup. Some of the contents include: Clear Water Algae Scrubber model CW-100 Jebao DC-1200 pump (used to drive the scrubber) Coral RX coral dip...
  3. madducks42

Sold Frag Tank Setup

@bdaley replied to your message : ) @Ajr0605 I'll let you know if it becomes available again.
  4. madducks42

Sold Frag Tank Setup

Hi everyone! I've decided to sell my frag tank setup. Our two salt water tanks keep us busy enough so I haven't had time to do anything with the frag tank for well over a year now. It's just been sitting there with some snails for a while. Everything works fine, I'm selling it all as a package...
  5. madducks42

Tank of Death

Did some tests over the weekend. Copper was once again at 0. Using a Saifert test, I checked the expiration date. Calcium: 450 Mag: 1560 Alk: 9.1 Nitrate: 0 It'd been almost three weeks since a water change which is much longer than we normally go. I'm going to test again in a couple days to...
  6. madducks42

Tank of Death

I mean it is a blue damsel and they are known to be a-holes. But I've never seen it going after the snails/crabs.
  7. madducks42

Tank of Death

Haha, no worries. Because this has been an issue since the start of the tank I've only added a few snails at a time. Usually around five, occasionally a peppermint shrimp, basically just to see if the issue has resolved. For the first year I thought maybe the cycling was just taking longer than...
  8. madducks42

Tank of Death

Everything lately has come from Love the Reef. I'll occasionally by stuff online if I can't get it local. But again...everything is doing fine in the other two tanks. I don't even really need to add snails to the other two tanks because the snail population in both those tanks reproduce...
  9. madducks42

Tank of Death

It'd be really difficult for us to keep the alk in the 9-10dkh range. Honestly we tried that with our 90 gallon tank and gave up after six months. Both the 90 gallon gallon and the frag tank are in the 7-8dkh range and that's been working great. Going to try and get the nano tank into this...
  10. madducks42

Tank of Death

Hey Everyone! It's been a while since I posted here and even longer since I've managed to go to a meeting. I decided to go back to school about a year ago in addition to working full-time and starting a part-time business. So I basically have no free time anymore, lol. But I'm almost done with...
  11. madducks42

Gone Condy Anemone

Cthulhu has been spoken for! Thanks everyone! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. madducks42

Gone Condy Anemone

We've decided to rehome our condy anemone, affectionately named Cthulu. I made a typical beginner mistake and bought Cthulu shortly after getting our tank going almost two years ago. It survived all of our early blunders and somehow managed to thrive in the early days of our tank. Unfortunately...
  13. madducks42

Deciding on led lights

We have two tanks and a frag tank, all running AI lights. Our 90 gallon tank has a pair of hydra 52's, that tank has LPS, SPS, and softies. All of them are growing great under those lights. The nano tank and the frag tank each have a AI Hydra Prime. Nano tank doesn't have anything in it yet but...
  14. madducks42

upgrading my 75 gallon to a 180 gallon

Definitely on the pricier side but we have two Red Sea Reefer tanks and love both of them. Our biggest tank is only 4ft but we have a lot of coral in it, a mix of LPS and SPS. We have two LED lights, Hydra 52's, and all the coral are growing really well.
  15. madducks42

Sand sifter

We have a yellow watchman goby and a pistol shrimp. They dig up around their area but it's a relatively small space. We also have a dragon goby who goes around taking mouthfuls of sand and shifting through it. Doesn't really mess up the tank because it takes such small amounts of sand and moves...
  16. madducks42

Skimmer Suggestions For Shallow Frag Tank

That's a good point about the oxygen level. I didn't even think about that : )
  17. madducks42

Clowns and quantity

I'm not sure if they would or not. When we added new fish to our tank a couple weeks ago our clownfish went a little bit outside of their established territory to harass them. That lasted for about a week and now the clownfish have mostly calmed down and remain in their little area. They still...
  18. madducks42

Skimmer Suggestions For Shallow Frag Tank

I got a small shallow frag tank last year, dimensions are roughly 24"x24"x10". Overall the tank has been doing pretty well and it's been pretty low maintenance. The skimmer hasn't been working great though. I don't think it was meant to work in such a shallow situation and it seems like a lot of...
  19. madducks42

Clowns and quantity

I'd suggest sticking with one pair and then getting other types of fish. They really do get aggressive as they get older. We have a 90 gallon tank with a pair of ocellaris clownfish that have been together for almost a year. We got them when they were small and now that they're older and bonded...
  20. madducks42

Starfish surviveabilaty

I think even for brittle/serpent stars there is a problem with starvation. They’ll be okay for 3-6 months but they quickly devour everything in the sand bed. Seems like people have had mixed experiences with providing them spot feeding so that might be more up to the individual sea star. It’d be...
Back