Search results

1. Zirky

Anybody using captive8 trace elements

I’m thinking of trace elements and I’m not sure but I think captive8 can use one solution based on a reef lab ICP. Has anyone used this method? Do I need to use there salt and kalk.? Is there a local source for the salt? I would think the shipping cost would be kinda high.
  2. Zirky

IDplease

What the heck is this. I just noticed it wrapped around one of my coral. The tentacles look to fat to be aptasia. I think I’ll move the acro and hit it with f aptasia just for good measure.
  3. Zirky

Mandarin acclimation

Hi guys. I have a pair on biota mandarins coming today. I also have a small copper and in an acclimation box. Todays stupid question is can I put the mandarins in with the copper band at least till lights out later tonight? Thanks I’m advanced for any suggestions.
  4. Zirky

DIY kalk stirrer advise please

I’m ordering stock for a kalk stirrer but not sure what motor, controler and power supply. To buyI think I’d like a dc motor so I can ajust the speed to my mixing blade. I’m not interested in a mag stirrer. And finally I’m more concerned with quiet, reliable quality Over price. …… within reason...
  5. Zirky

Trayky help please

I’ve had this tracktophelia? Since thanksgiving I feed it 2-3 times a week with ocean nutrition pellets and reef chili. My numbers are as follows All 9.45 Call 425 Mag 1185 Nitrate 8 Phosphate 0.04 Ph between 8-8.1 The coral has been doing great for four months three days ago she was all puffy...
  6. Zirky

Clam companion’s

I’ve been placing acro’s around my maxima Is this a bad idea? Could they eventually grow into or sting my clam? Does anyone have better suggestions? Let’s see those clam companions.
  7. Zirky

AF life source vs clam question

I’ve had really good luck with dosing life source. It really keeps my sand bed clean. But I picked up a new maxima and I’m afraid the mud will clog it. Has anyone used this stuff with a clam?
  8. Zirky

Goby/shrimp question.

Will a diamond watchman goby host a shrimp?
  9. Zirky

Awsome Fire shrimp

I bought two blood red fire shrimp from love the reef today and in less than half an hour (no @&”$) after acclimation and adding them to the tank my fish we’re lining up for a cleaning.
  10. Zirky

Sand sifting prawn gobble?

Does anyone know if pink bar prawn gobble’s are sand sifters. If not I’d love input an wich gobble’s are both sand sifters and will host shrimp. Also, do some gobble’s prefer specific pistol shrimp?
  11. Zirky

Smoky live rock question

any suggestions on whether or not I can power wash and use my live rock after smoke from a fire took out my tank?
  12. Zirky

Interesting symbiosis?

My goby and serpent star are sharing a burrow I’ve added pistol shrimp but they just vanish is it possible the gobie and star are hosting each other? Or is the star just tasting?
  13. Zirky

Anyone running reefi uno’s

My acropora ara growing and coloring up but not encrusting. I know this could be many things but someone suggested it was the diode’s in the reefi’s. I’ve never seen a single bad review on these lights. I’d like to scratch this off my trouble shooting list by finding someone else who has these...
  14. Zirky

FS Clarisea 3000 rolls

I have two clarisea 3000 fleece rolls (Amazon boo boo) $35
  15. Zirky

Qt protocol question

I’ve finally set up qt tank and stocked it with 12 green chromis (thank you Domanic) it has copper power in it and I’ll start ramping up to recommend levels tomorrow a was planning on using seachem metroplex added to there food along with focus. I was about to add a few bioballs I’ve had soaking...
  16. Zirky

Do I add these fish?

I’m thinking of ordering a 4-5” sailfin tang and a 4-5” copper band. From live aquaria. But I’m afraid my 4” purple tang will be a jerk to them. Will adding them at the same time help with aggression? Can I quarantine them in the same 10 gallon tank? Should I wait till I can find them pre...
  17. Zirky

Bloated tang

My gem tang is bloated and kinda wadlling there’s a bump in her side. Is she just constipated? I saw her poop yesterday and I wasn’t stringy. Any advice would be appreciated. Pm pop
  18. Zirky

Gyre to icecap backup question

I can’t find the instructions to my icecap battery backup and with a storm coming I figure it’s time can anyone help? This is the adapter I have it doesn’t seem to jive with the diagrams I’ve found online or fit in a way that makes sence in regards to the 12/24 volt labels
  19. Zirky

Safety stop

I added a six pack of evansi anthias and a flasher wrass yesterday (thank you Domanic) I floated them,acclimated salinity, soaked them in each of the two medications and placed them in the in tank acquaintance box. This was an extremely stressful few hours for all of us. at the end of it all one...
  20. Zirky

Dumb carx question

For todays dumb question I’d like to know if I need specific tubing for co2? Or will standard 1/4” ro tubbing due?
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back