Search results

1. Robert M

Sold Marine LED Light: Fluval A3995 LED 2.0

Light fixture width is expandable from 48-60”. I used on my 120G FOWLR on its own and think the light quality was very nice. $5 and pickup in West Newton. Can leave in driveway for contactless pickup.
  2. Robert M

Eight-legged friend

So obviously when you find gross things in your tank, you need to share them. Well here you go—I went to check-in my refugium earlier this week and found a spider crawling around! My best guess is that it’s a diving bell spider that came in as an egg with my copepods or macroalgae shipment. But...
  3. Robert M

Wrong Silicone! (aka I am an idiot)

So I finished converting my old 120G to my new sump, complete with custom glass baffles I installed myself. I was careful to pick out 100% silicone that did not list a fungicide, pesticide or mold inhibitor in the ingredients and did not say “not safe for aquariums” on the label (it didn’t...
  4. Robert M

Mirror Trick Worked Too Well

So I decided to add a powder blue tang to my tank with an established sailfin tang and emperor angel (and some smaller fish). Being a bit paranoid about fish fighting I put the PBT in an acclimation box and tried out the “mirror trick”. I stuck a small shower mirror against the side of my tank...
  5. Robert M

Gone Free Stand for 100-160 Gallon Tank

Giving away my painted black stand measuring (LxWxH) 73”x19”x31”. I used for a 120 gallon (60”x18”x28”) and used the extra foot of width for a convenient shelf. However, will fit other sizes. Could benefit from some touch-up black paint, but otherwise very functional. Pickup in Newton.
  6. Robert M

Free Free Live Oolite Sand in Newton

I've upgraded tanks and am taking down my old 120 gallon. Since my oolite sand did not move into the new tank, if anyone wants it, come and get it! It's enough sand to cover 120 gallons in about 1.5" of sand. The sand has some beneficial worms, critters, algae, as well as lots of bacteria as the...
  7. Robert M

Coral ID?

Can anyone ID what this is? It came with my tank. I've wondered if it was a mushroom coral, but it's extremely smooth and doesn't have an obvious stalk or well-defined shape, unlike the mushroom corals I've seen online. It's also begun to melt/grow all over my rock work, which I don't...
  8. Robert M

What fish is this?

I inherited this fish but can’t find it in my fish encyclopedia. Anyone recognize?
Back