Search results

1. mustangtjb

Concern for my Scopas

Hello, I've never seen Brook or Velvet before (in person) but today I noticed this spot on my scopas tang in QT. It is in a QT observation tank (no copper) with a small coral beauty and a small lawn mower blenny. Other than what shows here it's happy and eating well. Any feedback is greatly...
  2. mustangtjb

SOLVED - Suggestions for TDS issue

Hey All, Thx for taking the time to read. I recently did a full change out on my RODI system. Admittedly it was over due but PRE change TDS was fluctuating between 3/4. That said, I did a full change out. It's the 150 gallon system from BRS. Since changing the system out I can't seem to get...
  3. mustangtjb

Mag/Kalk question

So I read the thread below (Alk Question) but my issue seems to be the amount of Mag I'm burning thru. I'm dosing Aqua Forrest 3 part and I've finally got my numbers to around standards. The tank is primarily LPS and SPS and is finally doing OK to good/healthy/seeing small growth. I am however...
  4. mustangtjb

Some pearls of wisdom?

All, Need to hear a general consensus of sorts. I have a tank (30L) that I got for free with a stand so zero complaints. However it has started a slow leak. It is one of my main frags presently. My question is has anyone ever seen a tank bust a seam and up and split and flood ? or do they...
  5. mustangtjb

Reef Deal Nudi's on sale @ saltyunderground.com

https://saltyunderground.com/product/1-4-inch-berghia-nudibranch ordered some expected today $8.99 a nudi. Fingers crossed.
  6. mustangtjb

New build (Nuvo 75 INT) plumbing to an older Eshopps R-200 sump.

Hey All so I too am starting a new build which has been on hold for awhile. I’ve had the tank for just over a year now and now am approaching finally getting it wet. Like many others here I was essentially waiting for the mancave to be finished (walls, flooring, ceiling etc) and waffled back and...
  7. mustangtjb

Marco E-400 cement

Has anyone ever used plain old RODI (or even tap for that matter when aquascaping with Marco E-400? I'm outta the solution which orig came with the kit but I still have plenty of the mortar? Thanks !
  8. mustangtjb

New setup advice/education

Hey All, Looking for some advice here (my apologies on the novel). Starting a new tank build. Finally got myself a big boy tank (at least for me) all you 9000+ gallon guys insert chuckle here . I’ve been at the hobby (marine at least) for about 2.5 years now and I’m guessing I know just...
  9. mustangtjb

Pest ID

HELP !!!! Just found 3 of these in my tank and saw a 4th flow by in the current caught 3 so far.
  10. mustangtjb

Interesting article

Figured I'd pass it along. Apologies if someone has already posted it. Hope it works on a greater scale? https://nypost.com/2019/08/26/lab-grown-coral-breakthrough-could-save-americas-reefs/
  11. mustangtjb

Quarantine Question/Approach - request for feedback

Hello all, Recently picked up some fish and placed them in a second "hack" tank I keep in the basement (it's coming up on a year for ths tank). Presently it has some long time healthy clowns but segregated as the two bigger pick on the smaller. They have been there since early Juneish...
  12. mustangtjb

Some help with "ID ing" a potential pest

Whatever this is it throws off tentacles when it gets pissed off. It's the brown shell looking thing at the front of the tile. I'm likely gonna scrape it off but figured I'd ask just the same. Thanks in advance.
  13. mustangtjb

Help identifying a hitchhiker

Hey all, Just saw this guy in my tank. A crab of some sort but should I be concerned ? Any opinions would be appreciated. You'll likely need to zoom in. He is at the bottom of the rock. Funny if you look at the photo a few different ways he looks like he has a menacing face on his shell LOL...
  14. mustangtjb

Chromis attacked

So I put 3 Chromis into my tank last night and everything seemed fine, watched them for a bit they seemed fine schooling swimming in the top part of the tank, etc, they didn't eat at feeding time but there was poop in the drip bucket so I thought they genuinely might not be hungry. I fed the...
  15. mustangtjb

Sears - Burlington think tank stands

Quick FYI to all in BRS'rs in Eastern MA. So Sears in Burlington, MA (Burlington Mall) is closing their doors. I waked thru the store today and since Reefing now dominates every decision I make in life (LOL) I figured I'd pass along they are also selling all racks and storage units...
  16. mustangtjb

RODI Question

Hey All, Sorry to hear of all of the tank issues of late. Had one myself. Came home to see the carpet all wet something funky happened with my ATO. Water somehow got into the electrical and cause some problems. I’ve rectified since. Hoping this is a quick one. Looking for some feedback on RODI...
  17. mustangtjb

Changing my name to GSP killer :::SIGH:::

Hello All, So I thought my tanks were ready, I dipped and placed a duncan and some GSP in my tank and less than a week later the duncan seems to be just OK but the GSP is (I'm guessing) dead. Bummed had high hopes hearing GSP was hardy. Well if anyone can kill it it's definitely me !! LOL...
  18. mustangtjb

New build questions

Hey All, Looking to get some opinions on on testing kits, Nano skimmers and Thermometers. (Already upgraded my light to the AI Prime HD) For kits my intent is to keep (try to ) both fish and coral. With that said do I need to get both a Saltwater and Reef kit ? Nano's Are they worth it ...
  19. mustangtjb

New to Salt and Reef keeping BRS, and getting overwhelmed LOL

Hello All, I feel like a noob all over again. So a bit about me, I've kept freshwater AQ's for quite some time and after my last fresh tear down I took a break. I had the tank for about 10 years and ran into some leakage and algae under the silicon seals. Decided to take a break in general...
Back