Search results

1. Z

Odd Behavior?

So I got a new whitetail bristle tooth tang yesterday and since putting it in the tank it’s been trying to fight its reflection. It’s been about five years since I’ve added a tang and I’ve never had this issue before. There’s no mirror, it’s just the reflection of the glass (thanks waterbox...
  2. Z

WTB Yellow Tang, Long nose Hawkfish, and Flame Hawkfish

Looking for the above fish from an establish aquarium. Closer to Boston the better. Open to other new fish too (no clowns, already have two pair). Thanks!
  3. Z

Gone Ruby Head Wrasse

I have a wrasse (was sold to me as a lubbocks) for sale. Not positive on ID as they say Lubbocks only get to 3” but this one is 5-6”. I’ve had it for nearly four years, very healthy and active. It decided to go surfing when I had the top off for cleaning, decided he’s too big for my tank now so...
  4. Z

Sold Cleaning out the closet $150

Looking to get rid of all this as a bundle, don’t ask for a particular piece as my goal is just to get rid of it. You come over, pay and take the bin. Located in Boston (Mattapan / west lower mills area). $150 or some frags. Everything was pulled and cleaned over the past couple years...
  5. Z

FS Waterbox 130.4 $900

Selling my four year old Waterbox 130.4 and stand. No sump and the stand has a hole inside as I plumbed this to my basement. Nothing else, just the tank and stand. Breaking it down to replace my floors and will put in a new 120. Tank is in excellent condition, one small scratch on right upper...
  6. Z

Free Free Soda Lime

Free 5 gallon jug of soda lime, filled a reactor once from this jug and sealed it back up. Still 25 pounds at least. Will put on porch for someone to take.
  7. Z

Sold $150 Magnificent Foxface and Purple Tang

I have a magnificent foxface (6”+), very healthy and have had him for four years. He’s outgrown my tank. I also have a large purple tang (was treated with copper when I got him and got HLLE, significant scarring, but has been healthy for 3 years). Both eat nori religiously and are in my sump...
  8. Z

WTT 6”+ Magnificent Foxface

Looking to trade a 6”+ Magnificent Foxface and 5” Purple Tang for SPS/LPS. Foxface got too big for my tank. The Purple tang does have significant HLLE scarring from copper treatment in QT from three years ago. Both have been in my system greater than three years, fat and happy. They both eat a...
  9. Z

FS (2) Reefbreeder SuperLux $150

Two Reefbreeder superlux LED lights. I bought new from them about three years ago, but have only used them for about nine months. Good lights, they were on my frag tank and I upgraded to the new V2+ for Apex integration. Only one has the tank mounting legs, the other can only be hung. I have...
  10. Z

WTB Apex VDM module

Anyone got a spare or unused VDM module laying around?
  11. Z

Who forgets to just watch?

Odd comment, but who gets so wrapped up in maintenance, gadgets and all the new things that they forget to sit down and enjoy the tank???
  12. Z

36-48” Frag Tank Light

Looking to replace the old Reefbreeder LEDs on my frag tank (lowboy 50g). Anybody got anything good to part with? Looking for LED or T5.
  13. Z

Who can say this?

All my coral came from members on this board. Just wondering if anybody else has done that? Only a few fish though...
  14. Z

Frag Racks?

Just curious if anyone recommends certain frag racks over others? I have recently setup a 50g lowboy frag tank and used the IM triple level rack. The problem is the holes seem too large to hold the frags steady and the stand itself gets pushed around by the flow. I know I can go to egg crate...
  15. Z

Yellow / Hippo Tang

Hi, Looking for a yellow tang or hippo tang. Also any small schooling fish would be great! Two tanks going so they’d be split up. Thanks!
  16. Z

36” Frag Tank

Looking for (preferably) a 36” frag tank, 18” and under wide and 10-14” tall. Acrylic would be awesome, but as long as the glass isn’t tempered I can drill it.
  17. Z

How to kill Xenia

Anyone ever had success with any fish or chemical to kill off Xenia? I've got a massive infestation in one of my tanks. I've done the manual removal route and H2O2, but these are only temporary fixes as it always comes back with a vengeance! Only inhabitants in the tank are a couple clowns...
  18. Z

Truly Quiet Skimmer?

Anyone have suggestions on a truly quiet skimmer? My tank (Waterbox 130) is in my living room and I can hear a constant “hum” from my skimmer. If I turn my skimmer off the tank is nearly silent. Currently using a Reef Octopus 202-S, but I’ve tried a Nyos 160 and Bubble Magus Curve and none have...
  19. Z

Gone Foxface

Free 6” and very fat bi-color foxface. He’s to big for my tank now and has scared himself several times injuring himself on the rocks. Had him 9 months and he’s doubled in size. Eats frozen, pellets, a sheet of nori every couple days and is a good grazer. Currently in a fishtrap and ready to go...
  20. Z

Eggs?

Clown eggs? Pretty sure the answer is yes, just looking for confirmation. Thanks!
Back