1. MarvinsReef

Southern NH and sounding towns.

I cannot make it, have to work
  2. MarvinsReef

Southern NH and sounding towns.

I would be interested. I live in Claremont but would travel if necessary
  3. MarvinsReef

All Set Space invader

Which space invader Chalice or Pectinia?
  4. MarvinsReef

Sold Ocean Revive t247

This is a great budget light with basic easy to use features. I used 4 of them over my 360 gallon tank and they grew any type of corals
  5. MarvinsReef

Montipora

Do you have access to check your potassium level? Montis I was told are fairly dependent on potassium and if low can show some of the symptoms you mention.
  6. MarvinsReef

House humidity / moisture

I only have an issue in the summer. I just run a large dehumidifier in the basement since most of my plumbing is downstairs. Otherwise the air conditioner drys out the upstairs when super hot and humid out
  7. MarvinsReef

WTB Pink streaked wrasse and tiny to small fox face

Not sure if you want to drive but Claremont pet and aquarium in Claremont, NH has a foxface for $60. It is about 2.5” long. There are corals there also if you need some enticing to make the drive
  8. MarvinsReef

Salt

I use fritz rpm blue box salt. Alk is always between 8-9 dkh for me when I test a batch of salt mix at 1.026. I like this salt because it generally mixes without residue left behind and it is right inline with my tank parameters so little fluctuation when I do water changes.
  9. MarvinsReef

Algae Identification

Does anyone think it could be Lyngbya and not hair algae. I am trying to figure out the difference between these two since I read that they have some of the same characteristics.
  10. MarvinsReef

Elegance Bailout

I have heard through word of mouth that Julian Sprung has a remedy but I have yet to find out what it is. Maybe you could dig deeper to find some more info on the web based of this.
  11. MarvinsReef

WTB Asterinas

Must be a paid member to offer items for sale.
  12. MarvinsReef

WTT Need calcium reactor

Where are you located?
  13. MarvinsReef

Salt question

I use the fritz rpm blue box salt and get the buildup of brown crud on the mixing barrel. It mixes clear every time but to be safe I install and filter through a 5 micron filter sock before it goes into the tank. The salt is readily available and not too expensive. The parameters match my...
  14. MarvinsReef

ATI par question

How high is the light fixture mounted above the water surface?
  15. MarvinsReef

2 Part Dosing: How much do you dose

I have a 500 gallon system with mostly sps and using esv 2 part I dose over a 24 hour period 360 ml of each. I also add brs kalkwasser every half hour for 24 hours for a total of 500 ml. My alk is between 7.7-8.0 dkh. Calcium is 425. I think if you bring you alk down to closer to 8.0dkh you...
  16. MarvinsReef

Seriously what is up with ESV?

Hey everyone does anyone know any more info when ESV will have B-ionic 2 part back in stock. In particular I am looking for the 8 gallon bucket product but they are out of all 2 parts at all vendors. I know they are in New York and such with COVID but if they have shutdown the facility I can...
  17. MarvinsReef

Aptasia Control/Eradication Options?

Is the copperband butterfly safe for SPS reef tanks? I read they nip as SPS polyps. Not sure if this is really true.
  18. MarvinsReef

T 5 and led

I just bought a ATI 8 bulb T-5/LED power module for my 50 gallon lowboy. I am not running it yet but will be in the next few months. I tested it out and all I can say it is very bright on full power. Good thing it is dimmable.
  19. MarvinsReef

ocean revive arctic t247

I have been running these same lights for over 2 years. My Blues are set at 100% from 8am to 8pm and white is 15% and they come on at 11am and turn off at 6pm. This works well for me. I have a mix of SPS and LPS
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back