Search results

1. jsak1976

adding nitrate

I used to dose nitrate but found a better method of keeping nitrates and phosphates up.
  2. jsak1976

Anyone have phytoplankton?

Doesn’t Dong sell it?
  3. jsak1976

i need input please

Wow, that’s really high, do you use reefroids or similar? That will really raise phosphates. I’ve struggled in the past with my acros browning out on me and every time they do it’s because my nitrates have been at or near zero along with phosphates also being low.
  4. jsak1976

i need input please

Your phosphates are at 1ppm? Or .1ppm?
  5. jsak1976

What is this Apex warning?

You can go back in your apex history and see exactly what hat the voltage has been. There could be something else on the same circuit as your EB832 that is drawing a lot of power, air conditioner maybe?
  6. jsak1976

What is this Apex warning?

It means your voltage is low on the circuit you have your EB832 plugged into. Better to have a separate 20amp circuit from your main panel dedicated for the EB832.
  7. jsak1976

Trident/ DOS

Yes, if you have a significant change in consumption you might have to go in and reset the controller, the tighter you keep that the variance limit the more likely you would have to adjust. Adjusting the controller to keep a tighter span would be different on everyone’s system depending on the...
  8. jsak1976

Trident/ DOS

I only have my Trident set to run four test per day, I really don’t think it’s necessary to do more. After letting it run for a while you’ll be able to see what you are dosing daily, go back in and reset your average daily consumption and then you can lower the variance to keep the span tighter...
  9. jsak1976

Trident/ DOS

Nice, once I had mine running for a while and trusted it I went in and lowered the controllers variance limits and it’s helped keep it even more stable lol.
  10. jsak1976

Trident/ DOS

Works great if it’s set up properly, I use it to control my alk, calc and magnesium. Keeps my alk at +-.1 dkh from what I set it at. I also have set it up on quite a few other peoples systems that I monitor and it keeps there’s right on track also.
  11. jsak1976

Apex ATO program

It will work but it will cycle the ATO a lot. You have code in there that is not necessary also. And yes there is a better way to set it up. I would be more concerned about why the water level is going above top sensor and shutting off with the float valve.
  12. jsak1976

decolorized iodine for coral dip for fragging

If you haven’t fragged it yet come over and I’ll give you some.
  13. jsak1976

decolorized iodine for coral dip for fragging

I use FragRecover from Brightwell Aquatics when I’m fragging and also when I get any new corals in that don’t look so great.
  14. jsak1976

Goniopora care

What are your parameters at?
  15. jsak1976

Goniopora care

If you ever want to stop over I can give you some pointers on how to keep them thriving.
  16. jsak1976

Goniopora care

If you know what they need for care they are no harder to keep than any other coral.
  17. jsak1976

Northern New england area LFS

Jay’s Aquatics has been getting a lot of nice corals and fish in every week.
  18. jsak1976

Neptune Energy bar tripping and resetting every 1-3 min

If you want to drop the powerbar off to me I can take a look at it.
  19. jsak1976

New microscope

You can find a lot of useful sites and images just by googling dinoflagellate identification and I actually found a pretty interesting site on Facebook dinoflagellates support group reef lol some very knowledgeable people on there.
  20. jsak1976

New microscope

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back