Search results

1. P

Getting mushrooms off rock

Hello, My ecletus mushroom recently dropped a few babies. Does anyone have a trick getting these off the rock other than using bone cutters to cut chunks of the rock off?
  2. P

WTB Utter Chaos

I'm down that way sometimes I'll let you know
  3. P

WTB Utter Chaos

Hi Everyone, I'm looking for a small frag of utter chaos zoas. Willing to buy and I also have a frag of stargazer with 15 polyps I'd trade for it. I'm on the north shore.
  4. P

FS Zoas for sale or trade

I have some zoas for sale or trade for other zoas or towards mushrooms. 25 each for the ones on the end and 20 for the middle one. Pickup in Malden.
  5. P

WTT Zoas to Trade

Bump
  6. P

WTT Zoas to Trade

I have a couple of zoa frags I'm looking to trade for other zoas. Please let me know if you're interested.
  7. P

Vacation Advice

I just want to thank everyone for the vacation advice. I am happy to report that all fish and corals are alive, happy, and accounted for! Thank you! Also want to share some photos of the fish I saw on the island of Kauai. So many fish you see in the hobby although I don't know all the names.
  8. P

Vacation Advice

Oh nice. I should probably be running that all the time to help with high nutrients. Been trying to lower them for awhile now but the corals seem happy.
  9. P

Vacation Advice

That's a good point I didn't think of that. I'll remove the filter floss. Will probably be fine I have a skimmer in there too. What does chemicure blue help with? Still kind of a noob with the salt water stuff
  10. P

Vacation Advice

I reached out to one but they don't do vacation sitting. It's also a waterbox 20 so idk if it would be worth it for them considering it's such a small tank.
  11. P

Vacation Advice

I don't have anything to remotely check parameters. I do have a temp controller which I think is a must have. I like the camera idea. Might set one of those up. But if I see something wrong that might be even more stressful! I appreciate the advice though. Thanks everyone!
  12. P

Vacation Advice

Hi All, I'm going on vacation for a few weeks and am looking for any advice anyone has on keeping the tank running while on vacation. I have an auto feeder and ATO with a 12 gallon reservoir that I'm pretty confident won't run dry while I'm gone. I'm also planning on doing a water change before...
  13. P

FS Holy Grail Micromussa and Iron Man Acanthastrea

If you're going to Lynn please let me know. I'm right near Lynn and would love a holy grail frag
  14. P

Please Help Identify

Awesome! Thanks for the quick response!
  15. P

Please Help Identify

Hi All, I noticed this peeking out from one of my acans this morning. Sorry for the poor image quality but does anyone know what it is? Should I be concerned?
  16. P

Cyano or Coralline?

That's great news, thank you!
  17. P

Cyano or Coralline?

Hi I was just wondering if anyone can tell if this is cyano bacteria or corralline algae? Parameters are good. I tried to see if I could blast it off with a baster and it doesn't move. I havent introduced corraline to the tank other then it being on a few of my hermit crabs.
  18. P

New to Salt Water

Thanks for the tips. Going to pick up a nitrite test this week. One more newbie question. My ammonia is reading very very high, at least 4 or 5, maybe more. It's the darkest blue on the chart and hasn't gone down at all. Is it possible to have ammonia levels too high to the point where it kills...
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back