Search results

1. clover128

NOVA : S48E7 Reef Rescue

Reefers may be the coral bank that, if the countries smarten up and get to 0 emissions (sooner or later they will have to) could be used to reseed the oceans.
  2. clover128

NOVA : S48E7 Reef Rescue

Just a heads up! Interesting show to watch about trying to save the Great Barrier Reef.
  3. clover128

Paul's new build.

and this structure is glued together only? Cyanoacrylate glue and sand? looks interesting...
  4. clover128

Paul's new build.

Well now I’m reconsidering! Lol. I like the idea of a t5 tube to dissipate any disco ball effect and remove shadowing ... if I could get that from the reefbrites with less power/heat, it would be nice. hmmmm....never ending choices, right?
  5. clover128

Paul's new build.

What’s the coverage on the 500x? I’m in the process of building a custom hood, and after seeing the same BRS video, I’m putting in a dozen A360we’s and 6 retrofit T5’s What are the dimensions of the new tank Paul?
  6. clover128

Finally finished up my stand 8 foot 135 gallon

You did a great job. That stand is sweeter than 95% of the ones I’ve seen!
  7. clover128

Free Giving it away? Donate it to the club Auction!

BiggieP - is there an address to ship auction donations to?? I got some Tropic Marin Balling Method Components, new in box that I do not use.
  8. clover128

Reef Nutrition TDO

I have no doubt you feed them well. I was kidding.
  9. clover128

Reef Nutrition TDO

It’s on my BRS shopping list. Fish approved? That’s a good sign....or you’re starving them!! Jk
  10. clover128

Paul's new build.

I'll ask..... what brought on this decision? LOVED your last tank..... ...never mind... I read enough to see you had RTN issues. That sucks. Looking forward to the next one.... Are you going Triton? I'm building an acrylic ~550G Triton in the basement. FYI - I am not going to follow...
  11. clover128

Coral Farms or Chop Shops?

Agreed. And it is what we all should aspire to.
  12. clover128

Coral Farms or Chop Shops?

Anyone else wonder how many of all the online coral "frags" are just wild colonies cut up into frags and allowed to heal a week or two and then sold? I've been in the reef hobby for a little less than 30 years and have seen a lot of changes. I've noticed this proliferation of coral farms...
  13. clover128

Free Free octopus thats for food

They make these things called chefs knives......great for cutting big things into littler things. ;)
  14. clover128

stupid question... but i am asking it anyway

Bulk reef makes a reasonably priced one too
  15. clover128

stupid question... but i am asking it anyway

Not the most efficient way to force water through the carbon, but you can do it. I used to put my carbon in a little mesh filter back and drop it in the filter sock.
  16. clover128

Finishing a basement for a tank?

any thoughts on how you will manage humidity? Im doing a basement build too. Just planning on tight fitting covers, plus a 70pint dehumidifier with discharge to a drain line.
  17. clover128

Finally joined:-)

Welcome - love the tank.
  18. clover128

B's, C's, Sox and corals - you got your priorities right!
  19. clover128

Nice - what size is the tank?
  20. clover128

Just starting work on a 500G display peninsula (7'x4'x3') for the basement - totally unfinished, blank canvas. With a fishroom behind the peninsula, that will house a 120G sump and 80G frag tank. WooHoo! I have all the equipment and plans done. Now time to get off my ^%$# and buy some 2x4s!!
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back