Search results

1. FishieBusiness

Matt's 160GAL. mixed reef build

I've been at this for a minute and learned so much from you fellow reefers and Thanks for everything. This will be my 4th build is going to be challenging but I'm really looking forward to it. It's going to be a 160gal mixed reef with sump and fuge. I have been collecting various parts from...
  2. FishieBusiness

FFM What did you get?

I didnt bother going this year as I'm between tanks at this time. I was wondering what you guys got this year. This is 1 of my favorite shows of the year. There are so many vendors and so great deals to be had. That said show me some pics of your goods.
  3. FishieBusiness

FS 90 gal. system for sale. Just add water and go.

Hi All, I'm selling my 90gal. complete system. Tank, Stand, Sump, Skimmer, return pump and all plumbing. The system is 5 years old. Tank has a corner overflow. The tank measurements 48x18x25. The sump is a DIY from a 30gal. It has filter sock holder that supports 2-4" Dia. socks. with a...
  4. FishieBusiness

What is your overflow choice?

I was thinking of going with a internal center overflow on a new tank. The tank will be 60inches long. I don't like the look of 2 corner overflow. Also I was never very successful with controlling the noisy gurgling of my 90 with a corner overflow. In my searches I found external overflows...
  5. FishieBusiness

Tank recommendations for new reef build

Hi All, I'm want to start a new system and I'm looking recommendation on tank makers. Looking for a tank 150-180gals. Glass with euro brace.
  6. FishieBusiness

What sump do you recommend?

Hi All, I'm starting a 175gal. build. I'm looking into sumps and there a so many out there. Personal experience is always best. I'm planning on using a roller mat for mechanical. HATE cleaning filter socks! I'm thinking something in the 30-40gal. area. What do you think? Using 2 Finnex...
  7. FishieBusiness

Rappin w reefbum Polo reef give away

I know that there was a few of use on the live stream last night. As you know they had a give-a-way. I WON THE BACKPACK!!!!! Did you win a water bottle??
  8. FishieBusiness

Anyone using a filter roller on a large system?

I'm setting up a 175gal display and wondering what to do. I have used filter socks and hate the maintained that goes with them. I have read that filter roller may load up rather quickly on a larger system. What do you think? Is there something else you would recommend?
  9. FishieBusiness

Cooking live rock question

I have about 90lbs. of live rock from my current live rock. It has some pests that I want to get rid of. I'm starting a new tank and want to use it in the new build. I have read and watched several things on the subject. I'm looking for any real world experience from BRS. Melevs reef says...
  10. FishieBusiness

Sand bed question

I'm breaking down my tank and starting a new 1(bigger of course). I want to save my sand bed. I have a ton of nassarius snails and the sand bed is 6 years old. I know this cause we just had it party last Wednesday. Are there any ways to do this? What would you recommend? As Always Thanks,
  11. FishieBusiness

Any experience with these?? Filter sock replacement

I heard about these last night on Reef Dudes live stream. Has anyone has used this before? I like the idea of simple clean and reuse. What are your thoughts? https://rocky-mountain-fish-filter-company.myshopify.com/collections
  12. FishieBusiness

Skimmer advice please...

I don't understand the pricing on these items. Can someone explain why a skimmer rated for a 225gal system can vary from $400-$2000?????? Is there something special that the diffuser plate does?? I dont understand how a variable speed pump is better the a fixed speed pump. The skimmer I'm...
  13. FishieBusiness

How to cure dry rock?

I have 55lbs. of dry rock (not dry live rock) that I'm going to use in a new build. I have been looking online but everyone is talking curing live dry rock. I'm hoping to accelerate the growth of the biome before adding the rock to the tank. What would you advise? What method would you use?
  14. FishieBusiness

Looking for 3D printer recommendations

I'm looking for a entry level 3D printer for the wife's B-day. I like to keep it under $250. Resin or filament? Thanks
  15. FishieBusiness

Where would you buy new equipment?

I'm starting a new build and that requires all new LARGER equipment for 175g display. All my other builds have been with used or DIY stuff. No problem with DIY don't get me wrong. This time I'd like to go with some of the more sophisticated equipment. Sump, Skimmer, Power heads and lighting...
  16. FishieBusiness

Anyone reseal a leaking tank???

I have a tank that has a leak in the back right bottom corner. The previous owner started to remove the interior silicone to make the repair but gave up on. I'm a firm believer that all things can be repaired if done properly. So that brings me to this question. Have you ever...
  17. FishieBusiness

How to size your sump?

Hi All, I'm looking for a new sump fir next build. Is there a formula to calculate the sump size base on the tank size? I want it to be big enough that at power loss the back flow will not overflow. Sump will house return pump, skimmer, heaters, refugium and mechanical filtration system. Tank...
  18. FishieBusiness

Looking for stand info

I'm looking for a stand for my new project. I'm think an aluminum vs. wood stand. I really like the look and the versatility of the aluminum but the cost of the wood products is much less. What vendors do you recommend for an aluminum stand?
  19. FishieBusiness

FS Tank break down sale

Hi all. After 10yrs I'm breaking down my tank. I'm not leaving just expanding. I recently picked up a used 175gal Planet Aquariums Mega matrix with starfire glass. So I'm breaking down my current 90gal. Live stock will be sold off first then dry stock. All funds are going into new...
  20. FishieBusiness

Need some tank handles to move new tank please

I just picked up a used Planet Aquarium Mega Matrix 175gal from Facebook and I need to get in to the house. I am looking to rent/borrow some of the suction cup handles to move the tank. The tank is pretty heavy and very difficult to maneuver. Any advice would help. Thanks.
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back