Search results

1. C

FS Mushrooms, leather and frogspawn sale or trade

looking to sell or trade. supper large toadstool It opens to about 8-9" nads probably larger if it had the space. $90 2 frogspawn ( it was one large peace but it got so big in the tank that it fell over and broke in half. I havent counted but figure about 10 heads each $100 each. ( might...
  2. C

Help, still struggling

So I've had a AIO 30g up and running for about a year now. It has never seemed to take off. I cycled. Recently I posted by perams and the only thing out of wack was the SG which was a bit too high at 1.032 I reduced over the next 2 weeks, and now it is at .025. PH is at 8.2 all other...
  3. C

what is killing shrooms

So I have a 40g AIO tank set up. The only thing that I have not used before in this tank is the LIfeRock which I got from another club member. Carib live sand Running a dcp-4000 Return pump at about 75 power also have a ebix 600 power head running wave Temp is at 78 Lights are current USA...
  4. C

ATO options direct to RODI

I have a red sea e170 with the sump and ato tank. the tank is in my home office so normally I just do everything manually and that is fine. But we are going away and the usual suspects who take care of my tank are either coming with or are out of town as well. So I thought I would try one...
  5. C

Current USA LED IC PRO -or something else

SO I have a inno 30G. IT si only about 12" with the sand bed at average debt so I am thinking that something like a reef Reeder is way over kill? I was looking at the new(ish) Current USA LED IC PRO for about $200. I use the current power heads in my other tank and I'm happy with the...
  6. C

Current USA lights

Any one have any experience with their lights? I'm using their eflux controller and power heads and I'm more than happy with it on the 55g. Thinking of switching to their 24 or 36" from my hydra26 which just doesnt cut it for the 36" tank. https://current-usa.com/orbit-marine-ic-led/ with...
  7. C

interesting info

https://www.msn.com/en-us/video/animals/science-can-help-explain-the-phenomenon-known-as-coral-bleaching/vi-AAKcSvw?ocid=msedgntp
  8. C

flasher wrasse

would like to buy a mated pair of Carpenter's Flasher Wrasse or McCosker's Flasher Wrasse but they seem to be impossible to find. If I buy 2 juveniles or sub adults will they kill each other or figure out which one will tern male? How long does that take?
  9. C

what kind of anthia?!

So Im fairly sure this is an anthea!? (or not) can someone tell me what it is? Thanks
  10. C

fish suggestion

HI gang, having a hard time with fish selection for my 30Pro Currently just 2 perc clowns for which I will get a BTA I would like to add a blue spot jaw fish down the line but given those 2 fishes. I ws thinking of adding a yellow watchman gobie but not sure how well that would get along with...
  11. C

Now or later - blue spotted Jawfish

I am done with the cycling on the tank and all perams look good. So ready for the first fish. This is a 30Pro Innovation. so fish have to be small I want to be really disciplined on what goes in to this tank. here is my list pair of clown with a bubble tip Either a exquisite or a heiflrich...
  12. C

is my cycle stuck

or am I just being impatient? Set up tank 5 weeks ago, 30 long 40pounds of live sand 30 pounds or so of LIFE rock. temp is 77 (was 81 to help bacteria growth> Used shrimp but not adding anything right now. salin 1.023 ph 8.1 Currently, ammonia is zero and has been for a week Phos is...
  13. C

Ammonia issue

So im cycling a new tank nad have been testing for ammonia on a daily basis. Test result has been consistant for the past week at 0.5 which odd that it owuld be just falt with no spike. So I decided to test my rodi water to make sure that the test kit was good. Surprise it came back .25...
  14. C

Red sea mag test

Hi gang, So I switched to using the pro version of the magnesium test from Red sea. In the vid on youtube, red sea says to fill the tube to exactly 1ml with titration fluid. But in the paperwork it says that this may not happen and I should just bring the bottom of the plunger to 1ml. My...
  15. C

best tool?

so I got some liferock and looking to do some aqua scaping for the new tank. what's the best tool or method you found for breaking cutting rocks that doesn't end up looking like a totally artificial saw cut? For example I have rather large peace that is circular and wouls like to make it...
  16. C

Live rock /live sand

So the red sea tank I setup a while ago I used old left over rock from another tank, but I am all out. So what's the latest recommendation for rock and live sand for a new tank? I was looking at that purple dry reef just so it' snot all white. has anyone used this stuff - or other dry rock...
  17. C

SUPER QUIET

So I found a spot in the living room where I can set up a new tank. The ONLY limitation and requirement I have to meet is that is has to be SUPER QUIET water and pump noise. right now I have a red sea 170 running in the office and it's using the quiet pump that came with it. water noise is...
  18. C

safe or unsafe plastic

So I found a container the other day that is made of some kind of opaque plastic like a milk container but thinner. I dont know what was in it. I cleaned it with hot water and some soap. rinsed it several times. It has a plasticky odder and I am wondering if it' safe? I want to use it...
  19. C

is this too high?

or is my test just bad? temp is 76 sal is 1.025 ph 8.0 alk using red sea with 10ml so the 1 dkH resolution took 13 drops so 13 dkH or 4.64 meg/l calc using api 500-520 not really happy with the whole drop and shake of the API what do you recommend for an accurate test for calc ( i was looking...
  20. C

clean up crew

looking to try some peppermint shrimps and need some snails and hermit. Any one know who has stock?
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back