Search results

1. Sean Irwin

WTB Elos System 70

Looking to purchase an Elos System 70. I was hoping to purchase a new one, but Elos seems to only make large tanks now, and the US supplier appears to be defunct. An aquarium with a stand would be ideal, as would something made within the last 5-6 years. Thank you!
  2. Sean Irwin

WTB Candy Cane Pistol Shrimp

Hi All, My Candy Cane pistol shrimp sadly died after 15 years in captivity and my Yasha Goby is going a bit nuts without his shrimp buddy. I'd like to get a new shrimp ASAP. I can go a little over retail (usually around $30) but I won't tolerate price gouging. Please reply to this thread, and...
  3. Sean Irwin

Great Barrier Reef to Become Dreging Dump Yard

The current government in Australia hasn't exactly embraced the scientific community (in particular those who study climate change) but this is just mind blowing. How could anyone think that this is a good idea...
  4. Sean Irwin

Worcester LFS?

Heading out that way to get some ski boot work done. I can't seem to find the LFS list, are there any LFS' in Worcester worth visiting?
  5. Sean Irwin

The ELOS has Landed

My new ELOS Midi just arrived today. Pictures to follow.
  6. Sean Irwin

NE Frag Farmers Market in Storrs CT?

I know it's still about two months away, but does anyone know if the Frag Farmer's Market will be held again this year? I "googled" it but could only find references to the 2009 and 2010 events. Thanks, S
  7. Sean Irwin

Just one more aquarium...

For those of you with "just one more aquarium" syndrome, here's one that's both functional and will add an aesthetically pleasing element to the most private of rooms...
  8. Sean Irwin

Double Checking

Just got a new RO/DI but before I use the water I wanted to make sure that a standard carbon block will eliminate Chloramine. As I understand it, the carbon block will remove it but it's lifespan will be significantly diminished. Is this correct? Thanks, SI
  9. Sean Irwin

150 Watt MH Par Numbers?

I'm wondering if anyone has or can point me in the direction of or has par numbers for a 150 Watt MH by aquarium depth? Searched the interwebs to non-avail so far.
  10. Sean Irwin

My New Aquarium

I'm very excited about my new setup! I hope everyone loves it!
  11. Sean Irwin

Reefkeeper Lite, Standby

This one's got me stymied. How do you set a channel to "standby." Searched the Digital Aquatics forum but a detailed answer was lacking. And in keeping with DA tradition, the manual is less than helpful. Can any RKL users help me out here?
  12. Sean Irwin

Bent, Poweder Coated Steel?

I'm trying to build a light hanger for my new aquarium whose dimensions aren't compatible with the light bracket hanger things commercially available. I suppose I could go the EMT tubing route but I wonder if there are any local or online sources for bent, powder coated steel akin to the Current...
  13. Sean Irwin

3/4 Inch Plywood?

About how much weight do you think 3/4 inch plywood could safely handle? Thanks! SI
  14. Sean Irwin

Coastal Maine LFS?

Heading to Maine for the 4th, are there any "must see" LFS' in Coastal Maine or New Hampshire?
  15. Sean Irwin

Acrylic Expansion?

I'm designing a refugium/ filter area and what to make sure that I leave sufficient room to allow for the acrylic panel to expand. Is 1/8 of an inch for each side too much or too little? Thoughts? Comments? Suggestions? Thanks, SI
  16. Sean Irwin

Bluezoo Aquatics

The packing: The best packaging of animals from any online vendor I've ever dealt with. Corals and inverts were double or triple bagged in ludicrously robust plastic bags w/ black plastic inserts to block out light. The critters were extremely well secured and two heat packs were included...
  17. Sean Irwin

Small(er) Frozen Mysis Shrimp

I've been purchasing Hikari brand frozen mysis shrimp for some time now but they're a little too big for most of my fish (smallish gobies). The Hikari mysis are 10-15 mm long or a little bit less than half an inch stretched out. Do any companies sell more diminutive shrimp?
  18. Sean Irwin

Catching Gobies in an Overflow

I'm not really looking forward to this. Before I dismantle that area of the overflow I thought I would seek out some advice. Here's the situation there are two small cleaner gobies, each is about 1 inch long and the thickness of a pencil. The overflow area in my aquapod is only about 3 1/2...
  19. Sean Irwin

Livestock Suggestions?

After providing my LFS with numerous frags, I've accumulated quite a respectable amount of livestock credit. I'm looking for recommendations for exotic or rare livestock. Here's a few facts about my system: 1. approx 30 gal tank with DSB pseudo lagoon biotope 2. 70 watt HQI and 2 15 watt t5s...
  20. Sean Irwin

Donating Lockline Clamp/Assembler Thingy

Because this hobby is expensive enough without having to purchase another $20 thing you'll only use once, I'm donating my 1/2 inch lockline tubing clamp assembler thingy to the BRS. I don't have a car so if I could get the address of the club equipment master (or anyone currently in need) that...
Back