Search results

1. Bearsfish

New tank

As everyone else said. .. slow down.. take it easy. This is THE hardest part of setting up your first saltwater tank. Since everything is up and running just relax and do a bit of research on various aspects that are relevant right now. The nitorgen cycle, how to get it going (there are LOTS...
  2. Bearsfish

Waterbox peninsula 130gal.

Woohooo.. following along on your journey
  3. Bearsfish

Bears 40 Gallon Build thread..

Ohhhh yyyeeaaaahhhhhhh
  4. Bearsfish

First fish and corals going in! 2 clowns some trumpet corals, hammer, GSP, mushrooms, and xenia I think.. pictures as things get moving..here are some drip acclimating pix
  5. Bearsfish

Potential Fish Stocking list

Thank you!! I have been looking at getting a pistol shrimp to hang out with the watchman. I like the idea of another addition. I will have to keep researching before I settle on one. How do you think a dotty back would fit in with these tank mates?
  6. Bearsfish

First reef 40B

Following. This build looks great so far!!
  7. Bearsfish

AM I just being hopeful?

Thank you so much!! I am pretty excited. Now I need to either find a good online dealer or an LFS that is reasonably close to me (North Adams) so I can get started on my stock list.
  8. Bearsfish

Potential Fish Stocking list

I am thinking about stock for my 40(ish) gallon corner bowfront tank... Green Clown Goby Yellow Watchman Goby Firefish Clownfish (pair) not sure on type just yet, thinking ocilaris (spelling?) Then a mix of Zoa, Paly, Softies, and LPS in time.. Thoughts on this and the order of adding them?
  9. Bearsfish

AM I just being hopeful?

@Chris A. - thank you for the reply!! I was considering the same thing, but I just don't want to mess things up. My previous tanks followed a very different (and longer) pattern. Perhaps I have learned how to set things up a little better than before? LOL
  10. Bearsfish

AM I just being hopeful?

Here is a little background my tank got wet on October 12, 2019 I would ghost feed every 2 days or so until the 21st then I added a raw shrimp.. took shrimp out after my ammonia spiked up to 2.0 ppm and held for 2 days then I took it back out (25 or 26th) Sunday the 27th I added a nice chunk of...
  11. Bearsfish

me too!!! I just want to see that Diatom bloom so I can start working on the CUC. I saw a few really nice packages at reef cleaners and I build a few just for fun to see what I like best. Of course, now it is just driving me nuts since I cannot actually put anything in this tank yet.. I...
  12. Bearsfish

In an effort to get things moving along just a little quicker I grabbed a live rock.. not certain that this is the final scape but it sure is pretty
  13. Bearsfish

My progress shots

Following along!!! Beautiful Corals..
  14. Bearsfish

This waiting is DRIVING ME NUTSSSSSSSSSS LOL. It is to be expected. I know. I am not rushing. I just want to witness any sort of change.. So ran the first ammonia test last night. As expected 2.0 ppm... I am considering tossing a bottle of BB in there to move things along..... stupid...
  15. Bearsfish

Fixed the sand and rock work a bit. I still think I need a bit more rock. also added in a raw shrimp to get this cycle moving (not pictured)..
  16. Bearsfish

65 gallon log

Beautiful tank. I am glad I took the time to read through. Man you have done some great work on this. I am eager to keep following along.
  17. Bearsfish

The Three Cup Reef

What an amazing tank!!! I have never seen one so small.
  18. Bearsfish

So ...I did a thing...
  19. Bearsfish

Thank you!! It is certainly not the prettiest thing. but it will serve the purpose LOL..
  20. Bearsfish

tested and the RO/DI works great!! Almost time to get wet... Last night after my homework was completed my wife and I tried cutting glass for the first time.. This cover is in three sections. Front is PVC sheet, then glass (plastic is there to protect from the rough edge and to help open...
Back