Search results

1. SaltCreep

Cleaner wrasse

I had one for around 4 or 5 years. He was awesome. Constant motion. He did occasionally pester a fish a little too much. Some kind of cleaning OCD. I just fed flakes, some pellets, and occasionally frozen food. Multiple small feedings a day.
  2. SaltCreep

Check your Heaters

Saturday morning, my fish/TV room was 35 degrees! It is a one room raised addition, and we have removed all the old crappy insulation and the ceiling, to get spray foam done on Monday. The construction of this addition was really poor. You can see daylight along the edges and corners. You...
  3. SaltCreep

WTB FW Tanganyikan Cichlid Shell Dwellers

Try Uncle Neds fish factory in Millis ( I think). I used to keep lamp. gold ocellatus. Great little fish.
  4. SaltCreep

Salt creep and drywall repair question

I get everywhere! Bwa HA HA!
  5. SaltCreep

FS SB Reeflights (black box) cheap

SB Reeflights - Work fine. Silent fans installed. Grow coral okay. $30 each or $50 for the pair. Pickup in Lexington after 5PM
  6. SaltCreep

Teaching clowns to host

Or try a different anemone. My clowns ignore the "rainbow" and redish bubble tips. But they love the plain old green with red tips BTA.
  7. SaltCreep

Hungry Mandarin

Maybe buy some live pods in a bottle and dump them in there. You could set some aside in a small container to try to culture pods. A larger tank with a lot of rock helps a pod population, and a refugium helps too. I've been culturing nanochloropsis (SP?) for about a year and that does seem to...
  8. SaltCreep

Dwarf angels

I have a Flame and a Bicolor angel in a 100. They don't seem to bother SPS or LPS. They are very well fed! There were some tense moments in the beginning as the Flame asserted dominance and chased the other around a lot. Then the Bicolor out-grew the Flame and the tables turned. Now two years...
  9. SaltCreep

If you're looking for aiptasia...

You can get it for $9.99 with a coupon. Is that the rare Red Sea Curlyque?
  10. SaltCreep

Algae control

All of the above! Heh Heh..... ;) Mexican Turbos, hermits, emerald crab, sea hare, urchin, and phosphate remover. Pick a couple from those options and throw them in.
  11. SaltCreep

Got air in your jebao doser check this out

Nice write up. Does that pump head just pull right off of the dosing unit? My alk line is leaking or something and I have to swap the pump head. I'll check its wheels if I can get it off!
  12. SaltCreep

So Sad.

I think that's correct. We are #2. I also think that if you look at the total CO2 output to date, we may be number one! We're number one! Woohoo.
  13. SaltCreep

Mandarins...

I got one of those Biota Mandarins about a year ago. It arrived in a small plastic jar inside the water filled bag. It was TINY. I mean TEENY TINY. I was worried it would get eaten by a crab! It did not get eaten by a crab. I loaded my 100g tank with store bought copepods and isopods for a few...
  14. SaltCreep

What do you feed you SPS and how often?

I feed nothing. They grow just fine.
  15. SaltCreep

Tapping pex for RODI

There's going to be a ton of lawsuits if Sharkbites start failing......
  16. SaltCreep

Anyone using one of these valves?

Hmmmmm. My full siphon valve is also a PITA. It could be that one.
  17. SaltCreep

Help identify algae

Yea.....I have it. I call it red turf algae. Mexican Turbo's and Emerald crabs help keep it in check.
  18. SaltCreep

MIT lab dumped chemicals in excess of limit.

"it can kill fish and deprive infants of oxygen " MIT Kills infants!?!? Harvard maybe....but MIT? Sheeesh.
  19. SaltCreep

One last fish

I recently got one of the bred in captivity Shark nosed gobies from Live Aq. I was worried that it would be small and lame like a freshwater neon.....but it is very cool. Constantly out and about.....perching on corals. Nice blue and yellow color. Not sure if it would be consumed by a dwarf eel.
  20. SaltCreep

Rose Bubble Tip

I have spent a loooong time tickling anemone feet. Even the deepest ones will let go eventually. It just doesn't seem that way as your hand cramps and your neck stiffens from tickling for a half an hour straight.
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back