Search results

1. SteveDola

FS Aquamaxx protein skimmer CO-1

Used aquamaxx protein skimmer cone design model Co-1. Designed for insump and tanks up to 175 gallon but 90 gallons on high load. Footprint is 6.3 x 8.7” 19.7 “ height Works great. I had the airline pumped to the window for added air intake and PH raising. Fully cleaned and ready to go. Still...
  2. SteveDola

Sold Red Sea reefer RSK skimmer

I will be posting an aquamax skimmer of same size if youre interested in that
  3. SteveDola

The struggle continues….

Im guessing theres a micro/trace element missing for the health of SPS. The best way to know is ICP. I would perform a 30% water change and dose a coral snow treatment with baceria/aminos to see if that helps. Whens the last time you changed the RO membrane/filters?
  4. SteveDola

Ques. (Question of the Day?) Kalkwasser Dosing

I dose about 1500 ml a day-- 1000 ml overnight and 500 during day. I mix 5 gallons to 7 teaspoons of BRS lab kalk. I mix for about 30 seconds well and then pour in to my 5 gallon reservoir which is dosed by DOS
  5. SteveDola

WTB Amazeballs Goni Frag

Looking for a frag from a local reefer. If you have it available please PM. TY
  6. SteveDola

Sold Red Sea reefer RSK skimmer

Bump Obo. really nice skimmer with an option to upgrade to DC version with reefbeat compatibility. Many nice features too like the cup cleaning squeegee and the drain line tube for easy maintenance of skim mate.
  7. SteveDola

Check out this 60 x 48 x 24 Peninsula

Dream tank!
  8. SteveDola

WTB “Easy to Keep” SPS

I can give you a chunk of orange monti cap.
  9. SteveDola

What does everyone feed their corals?

Once a week Ill mix in some rods reef to my frozen mix. Twice a week Ill add some reef roids and Gonipower in at night when polyps are out. It was once a week but Im trying to raise my PO4 a little. Ive bumped from .05 to .08 and hope to ge to .1
  10. SteveDola

My 250 Reefer update

A full tank shot for posterity Ive added a new skimmer online and the red sea ato+ as equipment upgrades over the last year. Upgraded my water change station which is god sent. Some corals have grown faster than others. I have to toss out monti cap every couple months. I did have a RTN event...
  11. SteveDola

Ques. (Question of the Day) Controller or no controller

Dosing automation based on trident never appealed to me. some control is needed to ensure health of our tanks. I want the information presented to me in order for my determinations to be implemented. Too scary for me.
  12. SteveDola

Ques. (Question of the Day) Controller or no controller

I run both APex and the Redsea Reefbeat for monitoring and testing. I love it and wouldnt set up a tank without some type of web-based control. The daily testing for stability monitoring is so clutch. I do test every couple weeks with Salifert and hannas to confirm but so worth the cost...
  13. SteveDola

Does anyone dose Nitrate?

another thing to add is that when the nitrates bottom out, the nuisance algae and slims seem to be the best at consuming them and out-competing coral uptake. hence why some systems that run ULN see these cyano or bryopsis outbreaks.
  14. SteveDola

Does anyone dose Nitrate?

Johns correct. The bacteria that the coral feeds on is not being produced at levels to drive growth and color. Hence why some supplement with products. Tropic marin claims that the products they provide (*sell) are a complex organic nitrate and phosphate of which the corals can consume where as...
  15. SteveDola

Reef Tank Carbon Dosing With Tropic Marin NP-Bacto Balance

I took pics and will try and post. I did research but there dont seem to be many before and after for carbon dosing with TM products...or any products. Just testimonials.
  16. SteveDola

I dont think the TM products are that expensive. the balance is like 35 for the year i think (for a 50g tank). My plan is to monitor the PO4 with daily tests for the next 2 weeks to see any PO4 trends based on the habits i have in my reefkeeping. I did inch up the PO4 with the +NP but it was...
  17. SteveDola

I do 1 or twice a week.
  18. SteveDola

My PO4 is kinda low. I think if I raise it up alittle I could see improvement in coloration. I was looking to raise it from .03 to .08 to help with SPS color but also LPS enjoy the higher nutrients. Im going to try Plus NP to slowly raise PO4 and see results. KYP-
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back