Search results

1. jdeb101

Mechanical Filtration

I'm curious if any besides me run their tanks without any means of mechanical filtration? My display dumps down directly into my sump with no filter sock or other method of mechanical filtration. I suppose all I have is my water changes (roughly 25% once per month usually). When I perform...
  2. jdeb101

Fuzzy Algae on rock

Anyone able to help ID and recommend fix for this algae that’s all over my rock? It’s very short, translucent color, and doesn’t appear to have any air bubbles in it. Params: 1.026 Alk: 10dkh Calc: 490 Phosph: 0 Nitrate: 0 Perhaps related, I’ve had minimal to none growth for the longest time...
  3. jdeb101

Basement flooring

I’m in the process of refinishing my basement and researching flooring options. I’m currently leaning towards using this dimpled vapor barrier underlayment, and then laying vinyl or laminate plank flooring over it. My question is, how would this hold up with a heavy aquarium on top? I have no...
  4. jdeb101

Sold Pink Gorgonian

Need to trim this guy back. Easy to care, fast grower. Can make frags various sizes, $10 and up depending on size you’d like. PU Burlington or mutually agreed upon location. Thanks.
  5. jdeb101

Tankmate for Aggressive Clown

I've had my maroon clownfish for about 13 years now. Throughout those years I cannot tell you how many other tank mates I've gone through. Many "mysteriously" perish within the first few days, while others sometimes last a handful of years. No rhyme or reason as to which tank mate my clown will...
  6. jdeb101

FS Krypto candycane and pipe organ

2 head krypto - $10 Pipe organ (white/pink) - various sizes, not mounted $5 and up! Pick up Burlington or mutually agreed location.
  7. jdeb101

FS Few coral

Taking a slightly different direction with my tank and decided to sell a few pieces off. Price are negotiable depending on interest and I’m also open to trades of LPS or softies. PU in Burlington or mutually agreed upon location. Thanks. Large purple birdsnest colony $60. I’d guess it’s 6 to 8”...
  8. jdeb101

Any Koi Pond owners?

Anyone own one? I've thought of getting one made for years now but don't really have much clue as to the cost, care & maintenance required, what to do in winter, etc. I'd be interested to hear what other owners have to say and/or any good resources for me to learn (ie. book, website, etc that...
  9. jdeb101

RFA moved into shaded area

Two of my rock flower anemones have now decided to move into back left corner of tank, which is very shaded area. I believe they footed through the sand and onto bottom glass. I fear they won’t get enough light back there and also it’s a crappy spot for viewing. Should I just dig under the sand...
  10. jdeb101

Joes Elos Midi Reef

Made a video of my tank.
  11. jdeb101

TritonLab Test

https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/icp-oes-testing-kit-triton-1.html I'm considering getting it done, more out of curiosity of my tanks params than anything, but wondering if it's just a waste of money. Anyone have experience getting these tests done, and if so, how has it helped?
  12. jdeb101

Heavy RODI maintenance

Ahhh feels good to finally get to doing some deep RODI maintenance. Removed every filter and sanitized the whole system. Added new membrane, all new filters, and replaced all DI resin. Fixed a couple of slow leaking fittings. Affixed labels with today’s date to better keep track of filter...
  13. jdeb101

Which to trust?

So I just purchased a new refractometer as my old one was somewhat broken inside and hard to see any reading below 1.020. Despite this, it did still “work” and I could see readings at the 1.026 level which is what I aim for. So when I got my new one from BRS I first calibrated it using their...
  14. jdeb101

Gone Purple birdsnest

Had to do some pruning and have this small pile of birdsnest pieces. Can’t get a good color pic, so here’s a b/w of pike and mother. Pickup only in Burlington, PM is key.
  15. jdeb101

burnt tips

Is it possible for SPS tips to bleach/burn if exposed to air for about an hour? I did a water change last weekend, and the top of my birdsnest now shows white tips only on the top branches that would have been exposed. I still see some polyps on the tip, it's pretty much the flesh on the branch...
  16. jdeb101

Anyone have a majano wand or laser?

Noticed what appears to be a small majano in my tank. I'd hate to waste money on a laser to be used once (hopefully), so if anyone has one to borrow or "rent"? TIA.
  17. jdeb101

Joes Elos Midi mixed reef

Made a little YouTube video of my reef.
  18. jdeb101

Salifert Alk Test Kit Question

I have a Salifert Alk test kit that does not expire until 2020, however I suspected the reading was off since my Alk level tested pretty low. I ran the check solution that came with the kit and it was off -1.6dkh. Question... Is it safe to continue using the kit to test and just add 1.6dkh to...
  19. jdeb101

Zoos prefer blue over white?

So for a month or so two of my zoa frags have been closed, some polyps peaking open slightly every now and then. They are not melting which I suppose is a good sign, but not opening or spawning either. One observation I've had though is that they seem to open a bit more early and late in the...
  20. jdeb101

Hitchhiker explosion!

So a week or so ago I noticed this guy (errr girl?) was perched atop a rock and spewing out stuff. Now I have probably 100 tiny babies all over glass!
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back