Search results

1. rnyce

Cabinet suggestion

hi guys, i have decided to set up my redsea back up. I am putting in my office but i want your suggestion on a nice cabinet idea to hide the canister filter and bucket for top off water. if anyone knows where i can buy a nice cabinet or any suggestions i would appreciate it.
  2. rnyce

Hair algae

Hi guys I have been fighting this hair algae for almost two months. Water changes new ro can't get a head of it. I went on vacation for a week and my parents decided to feed the tank with no abandon (who doesn't like feeding the tank) today I bought nopox and put it in this morning. See before...
  3. rnyce

Bubble coral

Hi guys need your thoughts. I bought a beautiful healthy green bubble coral. It's been in my tank for a three days. It seems healthy but I'm not sure it is happy? It's constantly open? Tank parameters are normal other corals are happy? Thoughts? Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
  4. rnyce

renting a fish tank

Hi Guys, hope all is well, I wanted to get some feed back from everyone. I have been out of the hobby for a few years, but like all I cant leave it and miss it. I want to jump back in but time does not allow me to provide proper care. What is the consensus about renting a tank and then having...
  5. rnyce

rose bubble with echo tech

Hi Guys, looking for some advise. I have not been able to keep rose bubbles in my tank with the radions? Has anyone had any luck with this? Everything else thrives, corals sps, lps fish. tank is very stable. Just not rose bubbles. they shrival over time and they dont die but they stay in...
  6. rnyce

125 reef getting out (not sure where to post)

Do not want to break down tank piece by piece. can some one please tell me in which forum do i post everything? thanks rikki http://rikkistank.shutterfly.com
  7. rnyce

little white star fish all over tank?

Hey guys thanks for your input about the eco techs, one more for you. Over the last 2 week or so i have had a explosion of those annoying white star fish. They are tiny and all over the place. Some have gotten to half dollar size. Should i remove them or leave them in the tank? thanks
  8. rnyce

eco tech lighting experts?

Hey guys, i am having a hard time with eco techs and hard corals. All my softies are doing awesome but the hard stuff just gets nuked. I am running three of them on 125 about 50 % max. anybody have success with hard corals growth.
  9. rnyce

strange cleaner shrimp behavior?

Hi guys, just wondering if anyone else has seen this. I have a cleaner shrimp that will not leave my rose bubble alone. it is constantly trying to steal food from his mouth and when hes not doing that he is pushing at the sides of the rose bubble as to peal him off. Not sure what to do here...
  10. rnyce

looking for plumbing help

Hi Guys, im not sure where to post this? but im looking for someone who can replace the bulk heads on my existing 125. When i got the tank they were not put in correctly (long story) and now i want to hire someone who can replace them and help me replumb the underside of my tank. I live in...
  11. rnyce

whats causing these to die?

Hi Guys, not sure what these corals are called. but i had hundreds of them on the rock and on the side of the tank. And slowely over the last 6 months they are closing and dying one by one. Almost like something is eating them or im not sure what it is? I have dipped them but doesnt seem to...
  12. rnyce

new brain /lobo not sure not happy

Hey guys just looking for some thoughts. i purchased a whole bunch of corals over the last 2 weeks to stock my 125. there is one though i can not get to open up. Not sure why. i believe it is a brain or lobo. I bought it from jays and it was very happy and opened up huge. IT was located in...
  13. rnyce

ecotech marine led hanging kits?

Has anyone made or purchased third party hanging kit for the ecotech led's? i dont like the way are right now with seperate hangers? any suggestions? thanks
  14. rnyce

feather starfish? are they really hard to keep

Hi Guys, i saw a really cool starfish at tropic isle the other night. I thought it was a plant? but they told me its a (crinoid) feather starfish. Doing more homework on it they are extremely hard to keep. Any one have any luck with it? Do you think it would be a bad idea to put in a 8 month...
  15. rnyce

how many tangs are too many?

hi just looking for some feedback. i have a 125 long and im looking to add some mor tangs currently have a blonde naso and hippo. no real problems looking to add two yellow tangs maybe three? naso is about 5 inches and hippo about 4. any thoughts
  16. rnyce

cant get blonde naso to eat nori or freez dried sea weed

any suggestions? he eats flakes, pellets and romain. he wont eat frozen mysis either? he is ok other wise healthy i assume happy. BUt i would really like to fatten him up and get his colors vibrant? thanks http://i378.photobucket.com/albums/oo224/rnyce/tang.jpg
  17. rnyce

trying to build my own refugium Where can you buy acrylic from?

want to turn my 75 gallon sump into a refugium. anyone have any experience with this? where can i get the acrylic from.
  18. rnyce

Does it make a difference if you keep your power heads on random times?

Hi Guys, just looking for some feedback, When i used to have my old tank the power heads were on all the time. never shut off never random. now a lot of people have suggested that i have them set to random or in my case on for 20 off for 20. (as i have not purchased my controller yet) Does...
  19. rnyce

torch has a hitch hiker on it

Hi Guys, i got a nice torch the other day from lfs. tonight i noticed when it was closed some of the heads have a strange white bump on it. this white feather type thing comes out of the torch and goes back in. should i be concerned? can you dip a torch? <a...
  20. rnyce

what to use to raise level of protien skimmer

hi guys, i have my protein skimmer in a big 75 gallon sump. i want to raise its level so i can add more water to the sump. I was wondering what people use to do it? i was thinking ceramic floor tiles but not sure if that is safe for the tank? thanks
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back