Search results

1. J

Hmmm. Black slug?

I’ve never seen this guy before yesterday and didn’t clock it was a living thing until today It’s grazing on the rocks. Is it cool? Thanks :)
  2. J

WTB Softies!

I know they aren’t in vogue, but I love some soft corals. And I have some lower spots for them in my tank Anyone have any softies that are NOT gsp?
  3. J

Gone So. Much. GSP

Anyone want some GSP? The rock in the pic is about the size of a basketball. It’s out of the tank now and in a tote. Can peel off for whoever wants some of this. It was a super aggressive grower in my tank. I stripped the rock down to very little and this growth is about 8 months. If...
  4. J

What is this invert??

I walked in and looked at my tank and saw this. Any thoughts?? Sorry the quality isn’t better. Thanks!
  5. J

Beware of CoralVue

Please be aware of anything from CoralVue. A few years ago I bought their light repair service for my LED fixture. Long story short - after more than a few times sending the light back to them (it was constantly overheating) and losing tons of livestock in process - because they would "get...
  6. J

Gone Free GSP

GSP available. I have 3 or 4 sandwich baggies stuffed full. Longer tentacles and very flowy in the current. Pick up at my school in Worcester tomorrow, or somewhere along worcester/south after 3:30 when I get out. Don't make me throw it away! If you wanted to throw a frag of something...
  7. J

Reducing GSP

Hi all - Anyone have an idea on reducing GSP? While ignoring my tank it took over. I'm going to try to peel off what I can. The entire left hump is one rock about the size of a basketball, so replacing it would be a pain. Anyone have a relatively painless (for me, not the GSP) way of...
  8. J

Jumping back in

Hi all - I've been on and off for several years - mostly off haha. Decided to try to fall in love with my tank again and here I am. I'm in Dudley - 110 tall with a couple clowns, couple damsels (they've been through the apocalypse!) and waaaay too much GSP. I'll keep stalking the...
  9. J

quarantine question

Hey all - happy quarantine! Speaking of quarantines - I have a couple of newcomers in QT right now - been there like 4 days. They look great. What is the general consensus on QT procedures? Is it more common/appropriate to QT for a month like I've read, without intervention, or to do 9...
  10. J

Lighting help please

Hi all - I have a 110 tall (48 x 30" deep) and I've had the old style Max Razor LED 300w. It's been nothing but trouble and began overheating about every two weeks, whenever the room was above 80. I've used their "we'll fix it" service but after sending it to them 4 times since April it's...
  11. J

Melting hammer

Anyone have an idea why my hammer is melting? Had about a week and it looked good until yesterday. It’s from Dong so I’m sure it’s user error on my end! pH 8.3 Ca 440 Trates 5 dKh 8-9 Mini hammer literally 2 inches away is doing fine.
  12. J

Let me re-introduce myself

So - after falling out of love with my tank, I think we're finally getting back together. Long story short, I moved and it crashed and became a swamp for a number of years (but I refused to take it down!). So, after many, many (many) days of scraping and scrubbing and water changes I have it...
  13. J

t5 config question

Sorry if this has been asked a thousand times but I didn't see anything on it: Can an ATI Coral+ and a Purple+ work together for stand alones? What I mean is, I currently have 2B+, 2ABS, and 2Actinic. I really am liking what I see for the color of Coral+ and purple+ together. If I had 2C+...
  14. J

Lghts for caulerpa?

Hey all - I have a 44 pent tank that was fresh that I'm converting to a seahorse tank. I want to have caulerpa in there. The tank is 24" deep. What kind of lighting am I going to need on this? I have the standard hood-2-light bars and was able to keep a couple of basic fresh plants alive...
  15. J

44 pent lighting question

I have a 44 pent tank (22x22x24) and I'm considering turning it into a macro tank. However, it's a deep tank for the standard stock hood and fluorescent bulb that is currently on it (have mudpuddle fish in there right now). Should I give it a try and see if some caulerpas would make it...
  16. J

Jumping back in

Hey all, I'm just trying to get people to welcome me :rolleyes: I have been neglecting my 90gal/4 t5/ softy-lps for about 2-3 years now, just doing the minimum to get by and I'm amazed how well things have done, considering haha. But I figure if I announce my intentions to stay on top of my...
  17. J

LED Lighitng question (again)

Hi all - I know LEDs get a lot of on-again/off again attention on here, but I couldn't find anything directly to what I wanted to ask. Instead of buying replacement bulbs again, I was contemplating changing up the lighting on my 90 softie/LPS to an LED system. The LFS recommended the...
  18. J

transferring bryopsis question

Good morning - I'm setting up a 28 cube and have a question about rock from my 90gal reef. I have wicked bad bryopsis that I'm going to start treating with KentM today. If I successfully get rid of it in the 90, would it be safe to move rock from there to the cube? Basically - I'm wondering...
  19. J

I'm not-so-new but kind of back!

Hey all, After falling out-of-love with my 90 softie/LPS, I decided to just jump back in again and a) try to rid myself once and for all of the major bryopsis issue I'm having, and b) get myself a 28cube for a little SPS fun. So - I'm back and will most likely annoy you all with questions...
  20. J

Algae question

Good morning all, and Merry-Almost-Christmas Sorry for the length of what I'm writing - but trying to preemptively cover all the bases... I feel like I'm starting over after a period of tank-neglect (all summer basically). I went all summer (March - October) without a water change ::. I...
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back