1. Jim Tansey

FS 80 Gallon Complete System

Yes, and thank you.
  2. Jim Tansey

Tank 18 high, 40 long, 24 deep.
  3. Jim Tansey

Complete 80 gallon setup six years old, been in the hobby more than forty years lots of extras. Cabinet is pro grade, tank is custom near perfect shape. Please see pictures for equipment, lighting is two T-5s with two Kessils, Apex controller, ATO, and two Tunze Pwr heads. $1600.
  4. Jim Tansey

salt water and rubber

Plastic lunch bag with damp sand formed into the shape of a kitchen sponge. This will prevent any sound from transmitting from the pump base.. Jim
  5. Jim Tansey

Salinity question

How did you find the Hanna to be accurate?
  6. Jim Tansey

Additive tubing

Do most people run the additive tubing so ends are submerged into the sump water, I was placing them an inch or two above the water line but finding the Alk especially tends to dry and clog? I guess I see no problem with submerging them as a back syphon is unlikely. Thanks, Jim
  7. Jim Tansey

Gone NUVO 25g lagoon for sale - and 29 CUBE Great for vendors

jxpars004 Just to let you know I never got a reply and ordered a new one, so I'm no longer in the market. Jim
  8. Jim Tansey

Acrylic??

I just never got the acrylic thing, why do you want acrylic?
  9. Jim Tansey

Gone NUVO 25g lagoon for sale - and 29 CUBE Great for vendors

Is the Nova still available with pick up in Mashpee?
  10. Jim Tansey

Paul B's thread

Your as old as me!!!!
  11. Jim Tansey

Membership Problem

Thanks
  12. Jim Tansey

Membership Problem

Sorry Chris but not sure what I need to do.
  13. Jim Tansey

Membership Problem

I show as a non member but Pay Pal showed a recent payment, I'm on the auto-pay thing and have been for a few years.
  14. Jim Tansey

Skimmate as plant fertilizer?

Save it it makes a great Margarita mix.
  15. Jim Tansey

How long have you been a member of BRS, and how long have you kept reef tanks?

Joined 5/04, first marine tank sometime around 1968 a 20 long all glass without the metal corners.
  16. Jim Tansey

Tridacna clams from Petco??

I picked up a Squamosa from the Falmouth Petco about three or four months ago and put it in my basement frag tank it's about 2 1/2 inches and doing great. Jim
  17. Jim Tansey

Paul B's thread

I would brace it front to back. Jim
  18. Jim Tansey

What height for new Frag tank poll

I have an eight inch and its to shallow!! By the time you remove the top margin and any sand if used your down to five inches or so and taller corals are sticking out of the water. At times I've wanted to use it to isolate new fish for a month or so but its just not deep enough for all but...
  19. Jim Tansey

Hydor pump really loud

Be sure its sitting on a soft surface a plastic bag filled with damp sand works great, and if its not connected to the system with a foot or so of soft rubber hose you will never get rid of the hum. Jim
  20. Jim Tansey

Paul B's thread

Paul, How did you do with the elevator in the new place? Jim
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back