Search results

1. Jim Tansey

FS 80 Gallon Complete System

Complete 80 gallon setup six years old, been in the hobby more than forty years lots of extras. Cabinet is pro grade, tank is custom near perfect shape. Please see pictures for equipment, lighting is two T-5s with two Kessils, Apex controller, ATO, and two Tunze Pwr heads. $1600.
  2. Jim Tansey

Additive tubing

Do most people run the additive tubing so ends are submerged into the sump water, I was placing them an inch or two above the water line but finding the Alk especially tends to dry and clog? I guess I see no problem with submerging them as a back syphon is unlikely. Thanks, Jim
  3. Jim Tansey

Membership Problem

I show as a non member but Pay Pal showed a recent payment, I'm on the auto-pay thing and have been for a few years.
  4. Jim Tansey

Apex Skimmer Issue

Before I rant any further on an issue that could be my fault I'll ask for a review of my skimmer commands. What I am trying to do is to turn off the skimmer in the event that the return pump power is lost or the skimmer reserve container is full as evidenced by a float switch in the container...
  5. Jim Tansey

APEX IS A PIECE OF JUNK!!!!!!

I will finish this thread after mopping up the floor!!!!!
  6. Jim Tansey

APEX FUSION???

Is Apex Fusion out for anyone else? I don't even get the usual screen just an all white display. Jim
  7. Jim Tansey

Apex Data

Is it possible to enter two sets of data for Alk, Mg, & Ca into the Apex? I have one set for my display and can graph it but I would also like to do my frag tank downstairs but I can't see a way to separate the two. Jim
  8. Jim Tansey

My New Puffer

I thought I would try posting a picture as a screen shot rather than resize and post, might be easier for those finding that to be a more difficult process.
  9. Jim Tansey

Impulse Buy

Been in the hobby for many years and don't usually do this but I purchased a puffer today (Crowned/Saddle) didn't do any research until I got home I guess they have questions regarding reef safe and an appetite for some inverts. Anyone have any experience? Are my two shrimp safe? Jim
  10. Jim Tansey

Apex Fusion

I'm trying to get my Apex Fusion running I have using it with the older dashboard setup but I will be traveling and need the internet control. It works with an Ethernet cable but not with my Netgear adapter, any suggestions? Also I'm trying to be sure the IP addresses are correct but how do I...
  11. Jim Tansey

Photoshop practice

Practicing with Photoshop the Clowns were added to the picture of the corals from two other pictures, it takes some practice to do it well I'm sure those in the know would pick out my attempts quickly.
  12. Jim Tansey

New Pictures

Fooling around with my new camera:
  13. Jim Tansey

New Camrea

I finally replaced my old Nikon D-100 with a D-750, my wife has no idea it's still a black box with a lens sticking out. The old timers may recall myself and a few others posted pictures quite often, I have no clue what most of the controls do but it will be fun learning.
  14. Jim Tansey

Apex question

I'm not much at computers I have had my Apex about a year and just recently changed from the Classic to Fusion and find that I can't go back and look at the Classic I get an error message that says "Can't access page" is it normal to be able to use only one? The reason I would like to access...
  15. Jim Tansey

Apex Feeder Food

Anyone with any suggestions on the type of food that works good with the Apex Feeder I don't like fast sinking pellets as they sink and go uneaten, Mfg name would be helpful also the slider setting you found that works well. Thanks, Jim
  16. Jim Tansey

Apex question

Going to Florida for a couple of weeks in March and getting my Apex ready. I've had this Apex for a year now but still a beginner just yesterday I managed to get Fusion running I had been running Apex Classic for much of the year after Fusion failed to "connect". I will need Fusion to check on...
  17. Jim Tansey

Frag Tank Options

Thinking of setting up a frag tank and looking at the all-in-one type like the 25 gal Innovative Marine or 20 gal JBJ, anyone have experience with either or I could look for other shallow tanks and do my own filtering. Thanks, Jim
  18. Jim Tansey

Alkalinity Need Input

I've been in the hobby a long time and never had much difficulty maintaining stable levels I have a custom 70 gal and dose using three BRS 1.1 ml/min pumps controlled by my Apex a few SPS but mostly softies. My dosing rates are: Mg 22 ml/day (1550), Ca 40 ml/day (410), and Alk 35 ml/day (???)...
  19. Jim Tansey

Maintenance Filter

I'm looking for a good maintenance filter to run when cleaning the tank and blasting stuff around, I would like a good one I don't want to fight with leaky seals and such as I have in the past. Any suggestions? Jim
  20. Jim Tansey

Trapped in Disney No Apex

Well I'm in Disney for ten days brought my laptop so I could keep in touch with my tank and can't sign on, I use the web based program at home saved as a favorite (10.0.0.11) but I can't log on. Any suggestions?? Jim
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back