Search results

1. cilyjr

To all my east coast people

Lol. I was going through a pretty bad time then. Hence the curtness of my message. Things have certainly worked out though. I am now rocking a 320 gallon display tank with a 75 gallon sump and a 4 foot by 2 foot frag tank from advanced acrylics. It is all plumbed to the exterior of the house...
  2. cilyjr

I can't see it because I'm not a member anymore.
  3. cilyjr

That's interesting when I went through my threads the selling thread was not there anymore just in my profile anyway. Maybe I'll just do a search on myself
  4. cilyjr

Hey all. Still all settled in out here. I went to a 120 and now I'm about to install a 360 gallon tank. The reason I'm popping in now is does anybody remember who I sold my 180 to when I was leaving there? It was not a great time in my life and I just don't remember. I hope it's still up and...
  5. cilyjr

Paul's new build.

When I set up my tank here in California I did all new dry rock. I was in the same boat as I had no rock at all from my old systems because of the moving across the country. I started to get a ton of algae before I even had anything in the tank so I took all the rock out gave it a pretty good...
  6. cilyjr

Paul's new build.

I've found exactly this. The problem is that an oversized skimmer simply doesn't have enough proteins to interact with the air bubbles to keep it stable enough to get pushed over the top and into the collection cup. I know many people that have large skimmers that will talk about how sometimes...
  7. cilyjr

safe or unsafe plastic

Here is a write up I did several years ago. there may be things now that are considered fine that aren't on this list but this is a good rule of thumb for plastics. there are 3 types of food safe plastics commonly available on the market. 1. HDPE (high density polyethylene, recycle code 2) is...
  8. cilyjr

Thanks guys. I was shocked the 1st time i went over to a guys house with a " fish shed". It's solved all my problems though with space issues. Mine is kind of small it's only a 4 by 8 shed. But it's all I need. Yes, I dont worry much about water spills.
  9. cilyjr

Me, My girl (Alexis), and her daughter putting in new waterproof vinyl plank flooring.
  10. cilyjr

This is where I will put in the larger tank and this wall will be have a "built-in" look
  11. cilyjr

Hi again all. I'm out of the apartment and All set up in my new home! I will be getting something larger sooner or later but the 40b is still the display tank. I have set up the infrastructure for the new tank. The layout of the house didn't allow to set up a room as a fish room. I live in a...
  12. cilyjr

13. cilyjr

Found a used PM cr422 ca reactor. I love Precision Marine. Giving it a little TLC now as I won't need it for a while but it's good I have it. And I was wise enough to bring this beast (Aquarium plants Carbon Doser regulator) from Rhode Island.
  14. cilyjr

Central coast. I'm in Arroyo Grande. South of San Luis Obispo.
  15. cilyjr

I'm settling in here in California. I've been slowly building a 40 breeder tank and finally have it in my apartment and it's filling with water as I write this. It's been quite a journey. I miss you all and of course my 180 but looking forward to new things going on here. Some of you all might...
  16. cilyjr

Wifi/apex help please

ok, I work for the cable company and do a lot with wifi. 1 thing to know is wifi really hates trying to go through water. meaning if your apex is sitting in a stand between a sump and under the tank with closed doors it MAY have spotty connection issues. that may not be the issue though. do you...
  17. cilyjr

Bleaching

The odds are that if it's from the bottom up it's not bleaching. It's more likely it's stn/white band disease. Look into major alk swings.
  18. cilyjr

Lets talk plastic barrels for mixing stations

I did some looking into plastics a while back here's what I found (I wrote this for a thead a whike back)... there are 3 types of food safe plastics commonly available on the market. 1. HDPE (high density polyethylene, recycle code 2) is the most common because of its rigidity. Pretty much all...
  19. cilyjr

RODI for coffee

Nope. Not unless you've got a completely steril freezer that you can pipe 2 hydrogen atoms stuck together with an oxygen into.
  20. cilyjr

RODI for coffee

There's been a ton of debate about drinking rodi over the years. The common reasons given are thats it's mineral deficient, hypertonic, and it's acidic. It is slightly more acidic than regular water but soda, any carbonated beverage really is much lower in ph. The hypertonic argument might...
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back