Search results

1. bobbravo2

Gone Emergency - Tank break !! Need live stocks gone by 3pm in Middleton MA

Might be good to cross post in this R2R Red Sea failure megathread, here: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/may-we-please-discuss-seam-breaks-in-2-3-yr-tanks.981828/
  2. bobbravo2

Wiring solenoid and float switch

Depends on the ampacity rating of the float switch. If it can handle an amp or more - you’ll be good to wire directly. If it’s a smaller (reed switch/magnetic) float valve, it might struggle with the current of a larger solenoid valve.
  3. bobbravo2

FS Happy new year

Happy 2023!
  4. bobbravo2

Plants for Co2 | How Many of Us Have Them?

One thing I did with my last tank: run an outside air line for the skimmer. I ran it through a particle filter (simple fuel filter from Amazon) then a carbon filter, and finally some CO2 media. This kept my PH up at 8.1+, and didn’t suffer a huge drop as the media ran out.
  5. bobbravo2

Templates

Always a good idea to make changes slowly, and testing with a PAR meter is a great idea. 85% sounds high to me - however I’ve been out of Radions since I sold mine in 2017. Other members can help with recommendations on a PAR meter, as well as the mounting height of the light and if 85% is...
  6. bobbravo2

New to BRS

Welcome back!
  7. bobbravo2

Gone Miracle tank $500

beautiful tank! What are the dimensions? how is the condition of the glass?
  8. bobbravo2

Is it just me, or is this clown not funny!?

My female clown comes after my hand with a vengance! Doesn't hurt or draw blood, but sure gives you a shock!
  9. bobbravo2

How far above the water?

I used to have my two 400s about 3-4" above the water, it was not a problem. The only downside is very frequent cleaning. HTH
Back