Search results

1. Alex

Where to buy a new 150

Also I'm in Windham
  2. Alex

Where to buy a new 150

To be honest I'm not really sure. Was thinking a 5'x24"x24" 150 with a decent stand and canopy. Planning to go bare bottom so starboard bottom would be nice. I currently have a standard sized 90 plumbed down to the basement. I want to swap it out. Open to other ideas though.
  3. Alex

Where to buy a new 150

I’m looking to buy a new 5 foot 150 with a stand and canopy. Anyone have any recommendations. I’m in southern NH if that matters
  4. Alex

Apex Trident

Was referring to the "I don't trust the APEX" comment. I agree I wouldn't have it controlling my dosing but I have never had a problem with the core controller itself.
  5. Alex

Apex Trident

I've been running an APEX going back to the original one and I haven't experienced glitches.
  6. Alex

Euphyilla Garden

lookin good
  7. Alex

Anyone using CO2 scrubbers?

What are you using for media Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
  8. Alex

Anyone using CO2 scrubbers?

Curious if anyone in the club is using one and how the results have been
  9. Alex

April Photo Contest Entries, Please Vote

I didn't see the poll when I was using tapatalk. Might be why so many people aren't voting
  10. Alex

Alex's 90 gallon

Thank you. Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
  11. Alex

Alex's 90 gallon

I currently have 2 radion gen3s over the tank and will be adding an third shortly. The 3rd will give me better spread with wide angle lenses and allow me to add diffusers in the future. I'll be able to run the lights at a much lower power which should extend their life. Flow is two gyre 350s...
  12. Alex

Alex's 90 gallon

Thanks. Honestly it may be for the best the new tank has my daughters' attention which will make it much more rewarding in the long run. Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
  13. Alex

Alex's 90 gallon

I used the new tank as an excuse to get some new equipment. I had been dosing 2 part with some BRS dosing pump and I decided I wanted to try the Triton method. I got a seabash sump with adjustable chambers that let's you switch the compartments around. Since I was going to be dosing four parts...
  14. Alex

Alex's 90 gallon

Since I'm so smart I finished the bottom and finished all the painting before I realized that I hadn't left myself enough headroom to get my skimmer in and out of the front of the stand so I had to rip the floor out a second time and rebuild it all over. Took a couple scotches to take the sting...
  15. Alex

Alex's 90 gallon

When I got the tank I ripped some plastic covering off the bottom of the stand and found it to be completely rotted out. So I ripped it out with plans of replacing it. Also started the painting process. Killz to cover the black, an off white for the outside and a white enamel for inside the...
  16. Alex

Alex's 90 gallon

A little more than a year ago I had a basement flood (not reef related) that ruined the floor in our finished basement. Unfortunately my 180 sits on said floor so I was going to have to break it down. After stalling and neglecting the tank over that time i am finally getting around to it. After...
  17. Alex

What temp for mixed reef?

I don't think anything is wrong with 83 and there may be advantages to growth at that temp but you give yourself no headroom and things will go south pretty fast if you get much higher than that.
  18. Alex

Hammer or Frogspawn

Hammer and Frogspawn are both euphyllia coral. Both can be either branching or wall types. The only real difference between them is the shape of the polyps. Ranging from frogspawn which gets it name from looking like a group of frog eggs to hammer to anchor which has a curve to it like an...
  19. Alex

Nick's Miracle Build

Looking great Nick
  20. Alex

Couple new additions

Sweet. Do the file fish munch any anemones? Are they safe with LPS?
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back