Search results

1. Alex

Where to buy a new 150

I’m looking to buy a new 5 foot 150 with a stand and canopy. Anyone have any recommendations. I’m in southern NH if that matters
  2. Alex

Anyone using CO2 scrubbers?

Curious if anyone in the club is using one and how the results have been
  3. Alex

Alex's 90 gallon

A little more than a year ago I had a basement flood (not reef related) that ruined the floor in our finished basement. Unfortunately my 180 sits on said floor so I was going to have to break it down. After stalling and neglecting the tank over that time i am finally getting around to it. After...
  4. Alex

Aqueon megaflow holes

I just bought what I believe to be a 90 gallon aqueon megaflow tank. It seems like both holes in the overflow are 1.75 inches. Could someone confirm this? Wouldn't that be 2 3/4 inch bulkheads? It looks like the plumbing was a 1/2 inch return and a 3/4 inch drain. Sent from my SM-N950U using...
  5. Alex

Alex's 180

I've been meaning to do a full build thread but I've been too lazy. Today I posted some pics on R2R and said I need to get my thread going on BRS. The tank has been running for 5 or 6 months so it's about time. I've been in this hobby since around 2001 and have had a bunch of very different...
  6. Alex

Video of coral bleaching

http://www.seeker.com/coral-commits-suicide-while-being-filmed-1975143181.html
  7. Alex

Finicky Tang Help

I bought a clown tang. I had always liked them and now that I had a 180 I figured I would get one and find a new larger home for him (ideally in a new tank in my home) when it was time. What I didn't realize was that it isn't just the size that is an issue with these guys they are also tough...
  8. Alex

New amazon reef found

http://m.phys.org/news/2016-04-scientists-reef-mouth-amazon-river.html Pretty cool Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
  9. Alex

Carbon Doser Regulator Problem

So I got a carbon doser regulator with the tank I bought. I hooked it up to a tank but I'm getting no bubbles. Both gauges are getting reading and the light is blinking. Am I missing something obvious or is it broken? Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
  10. Alex

C02 in Framingham?

Anyone know a good place in Framingham to get a tank filled.
  11. Alex

Led for a small sump frag tank

Eventually I want to set up a small frag section in the middle chamber of my sump. Does anyone have any suggestion on a small hopefully cheap led light that would fit.
  12. Alex

Micro bubbles a good thing.......?

I've noticed a few threads on other forums talking about intentionally adding micro bubbles to tank for a few hours a day to improve water quality. This goes against my years of trying to make sure their wasn't a bubble in the display but what the heck do I know. Anyone tried this?
  13. Alex

Wow tunze makes a great powerhead

Got a 6105 with the set up I bought. What a great piece of equipment. Moves a ton of water and is silent. Can't believe I have missed out on them for this long.
  14. Alex

Mrs Wages Pickling Lime

Still ok to use as Kalk?
  15. Alex

Calcium reactor or dosing pump

I have a set of brs dosing pumps and a nice reef octopus calcium reactor with a carbon doser regulator. I'm trying to decide which on to set up on my new (to me at least) 180. I've had calcium reactors in the past which were both good and bad experiences but I've never just dosed. Funny...
  16. Alex

Drilling small hole in acrylic

So I bought a couple of float switches that I want to install in my sump. I've drilled plenty of large holes in glass but never a small hole in thin acrylic. The holes need to be 5/8ths. What do I need to drill the whole and is there a technique so I don't crack it?
  17. Alex

Radion gen 3 or Gen 3 pros on 24" deep

I have 2 gen 1 Radions I'm getting upgraded. I was going to upgrade to the gen 3s since the tank is only 24" deep but now I'm wondering if I should get the pros instead. Any one have an opinion?
  18. Alex

Echotech Facebook Group Yuck

Just had an experience on facebook that really made me appreciate how things are done around here.
  19. Alex

Vitamin C?

https://www.sciencenews.org/article/corals-need-take-their-vitamin-c
  20. Alex

ramp for pipes across basement floor

So I'm thinking about running my plumbing from the finished part of my basement to the unfinished part. Unfortunately I have to go by a door to the outside. I would have 2 1" spa flex pipes. I saw the ramp linked below. Any other ideas...
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back