Search results

1. stingythingy45

Anybody know what this is?

Seems to be a favorite hide out for lots of pods.
  2. stingythingy45

Anybody know what this is?

Rubbery like a plant and the size of my fist.
  3. stingythingy45

Alk testing Questions

Consumption changes depending on demand of the tank. I test for alk maybe once a week. And never test the Ph. 5 ml isn't much. But,everything depends on the tank size.
  4. stingythingy45

New here

Welcome to BRS!
  5. stingythingy45

40g Breeder Frag Build

Wow,nice job!
  6. stingythingy45

I got Bubble Algae

I picked up 2 emerald crabs from the LFS and they completely rid my tank of it. I even had some on my mag-float and lowed it to the sand bed. Next day the float was clean.
  7. stingythingy45

New here

Welcome to BRS!
  8. stingythingy45

Hammer and torch coral

I am finding that Euphyllia Corals like the Mg closer to 1300 or higher. Just an observation. And there's a couple YouTube vids as well as other info to back this. But stable alk and calcium is also necessary.
  9. stingythingy45

Algae Identification

Looks like good ole HA to me as well.
  10. stingythingy45

New to hobby.

Welcome to BRS! Yup, it's addicting.
  11. stingythingy45

Ideal flow through sump

" Red Sea says to target ~660 gph for this tank." Through a sump? Or total water flow? It's best to run flow through the sump slowly, imo. Especially if you have mechanical, or bio- filtration in there. I ran a 90 gallon basement sump for years with approx. 100 gph and it ran beautiful.
  12. stingythingy45

Is this cyano?

Looks like hair algae to me. I think you would get more responses if it wasn't magnified and shown in the tank.
  13. stingythingy45

Dinos? Cyano? Something else?

Do you feed the corals? Reef Roids, Reef Chili..ect?
  14. stingythingy45

Saltwater vs freshwater

Salt water to fresh water? That's blasphemy around here. Do some research on Ich treatments. I'm sure you'll hatch a better plan to rid the tank of it.
  15. stingythingy45

Adding Live Rock

How much rock do you have now and how much dry rock you adding? I've added dry rock over time with no issues. Had maybe 80 lbs established and added another 20 with no issues.
  16. stingythingy45

My Reef Tank

Nice, beautiful tank!
  17. stingythingy45

Can I put a 30 gallon tank on the second floor?

It's fine, As long as you don't have 15 reefers standing around the tank at the same time. :D
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back