Search results

1. stingythingy45

Anybody know what this is?

Rubbery like a plant and the size of my fist.
  2. stingythingy45

Bummed, losing a coral from the symposium.

Acan coral in my QT tank had a little brown goo on the corner of the frag last night. Today the flesh i receding off the skeleton. Nobody to blame, these things happen. Just bummed cause I never seem to have luck with Acans.
  3. stingythingy45

Peristaltic Pump for dosing kalk?

Anybody do this? Or are they too sensitive or clog easily? My plan was to use a BRS dosing pump to top off with a light mix of kalk at night. I would use a top off switch hooked into a timer. Or just use the top off switch and top it off with kalk nightly. Very familiar with kalkwasser. Not so...
  4. stingythingy45

"Oops! We ran into some problems."

"Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site." Tried 3 different devices, same result. I keep getting kicked off when trying to "upgrade" my expired membership? Maybe one of the site gurus can help me out.
  5. stingythingy45

2 nems from 1 maybe

Seems the rbta I picked up at the auction is looking to split in my QT tank. Water parms are good.
  6. stingythingy45

Keep an eye on tank temps this weekend

I have a basement sump and it's only 74 deg. down there. Might run a short or no halide lights tonight. House is 80 deg and the tank is 78 deg. How's your tanks doing?
  7. stingythingy45

Stingy's 90 gallon reboot

Due to issues at home over the past few years my tank became very dirty and neglected. It was down for a while as I kept battling nuisance algae,mushrooms and flat worms. Decided to break it down and redo the rock and start fresh. Tried only using the display with an HOB skimmer and ATO. Never...
  8. stingythingy45

Active membership

Testing to see if I have one. I guess not. I payed via paypal just last month and don't see active yet.
  9. stingythingy45

Lost my oldest fish yesterday

A very well behaved yellow tail damsel I've had since I got in the hobby in 2007. This fish was moved at least 6 times from tank to tank. Not sure why it died,but I'm glad I was able to give it a nice home over the years and enjoyed it's vivid blue beauty in return.
  10. stingythingy45

Hurricane/Tropical storm season

What do you all have for back up power? Or plan in case there's an outage? I have: 2- small 2 stroke 1500 watt max generators. (They run 4 hrs. on 1 gallon gas.) 1- 750 watt inverter (I'll use this until I get the gennies running) 2- Penn-plax silent air battery powered air pumps.( one comes on...
  11. stingythingy45

Getting the 90 gallon running again

I've had my fish and corals housed in a 40 breeder now for almost 6 months under a 150 watt halide. It's time to get the big tank set up and running again. Going to try and consolidate all the component upstairs under the tank or in the tank. If electricity wasn't so high I would start up the...
  12. stingythingy45

3 DE halide bulbs changed today

2- 250 watt Ushio 14K and 1- 150 watt Ushio 14K. Best part.......no casualties.:p
  13. stingythingy45

Jeabo WP40 failure

Anybody have the pump start seizing up on them? Spin by hand....works then stops. I know they're cheap..blah..blah. But, I didn't even torture this one with a quick wave cycle. Is it even worth getting a replacement pump or just buy a new set up?
  14. stingythingy45

I'm breaking down my 7 year old 90 gallon

The tank is over run with Nepthea and Rhodactis mushrooms. I just can't keep up with all the new growth that's sprouting out everywhere.:mad: I also have a nasty break out of flat worms. I'm not getting out,just breaking it down and moving the rock to a 40 breeder and cube in my basement...
  15. stingythingy45

GenX PCX -40 return pump

Running 7 years 24/7 except for a few power outages and some maintenance. Opened it up today and the fan/cover had substantial rust on it. Figured the pump section would have growth in it. Absolutely nothing in there except a light coating of green slim. The ceramic bearings were still nice and...
  16. stingythingy45

Gauging electric usage and return pumps

I've had a GenX40 running as a return pump now for over 5 years. About 11 feet of head to the display from the basement. Noticed my electric bill over the past year has been climbing considerably. And not just cause they're gouging us. BTW isn't National grid prices suppose to lower? Questions...
  17. stingythingy45

Just in case you missed this article.(pocket shark)

This is a pretty cool little creature. Wonder when they will be available for our tanks? Just kidding.:rolleyes: http://www.grindtv.com/wildlife/pocket-shark-discovery-is-only-the-second-ever-seen/#ROEBIuOSSToBJmsX.97
  18. stingythingy45

Jaebo wp-40 failure

Has anybody had impeller stick on theirs yet? I took it apart, cleaned it good, and it needs help to get it running. Only runs in high or low,no pulse. Seems like maybe the bushings might be worn. Can these be rebuilt? Think I got approx. 2 years out of it so far.
  19. stingythingy45

Anybody try the cheaper DE Halide bulbs?

I see that online stores like Fishstreet have 250 watt DE bulbs for like $25. Growing tired of paying $70-$80 and wondering if anybody has tried them. They seem to have good reviews on the site.
  20. stingythingy45

Did a 50 gallon water change yesterday

Spring cleaning. Cleaned up my sump and refugium. The 20 gallon fug had about 1/2 a inch of silt on the bottom. I should have sold this as miracle mud. lol Removed the huge ball of chaeto and drained it completely. 100s of tiny white feather dusters everywhere. Cleaned up all the salt creep...
Back