Search results

1. I

Looking for redsea or waterbox tank

I’ve the s650 complete system fantastic tank little maintenance due to its volume if that’s of interest
  2. I

GSP Removal.....

Ok so two months maybe after removing every last bit of GSP it is coming back again! Before it takes over again, as predicted, is there anything that likes to eat GSP? Like I hear with Nudi’s etc???? If not I’m nuking the tank I don’t give a $hit at this point it’s nuke or be nuked
  3. I

BEST PLACE to buy a fish online ** Any recommendation? **

Isn’t Divers Den only a smaller selection within LiveAquaria? I just tried looking and a small selection of specific things I ordered from LiveAquaria it arrived today, to be I was unhappy, the box was poorly insulated for all the fish, the water was cold, no polystyrene really, the heat pads...
  4. I

Basement humidity

I got a new efficient unit it only switches on when humidity reaches a certain point like 55% then it’s not running 24:7 it only runs when needed Anything 60-65%+ causes mold and will cost you a lot more in the long run Even when I ran it 24/7 when I first got it I wouldn’t say it cost more...
  5. I

GSP Removal.....

Well....if anyone wants to trade out large colonies of GSP for whatever shoot me a PM. I just pulled a few strips and its actually coming off very nicely in large shells of the stuff so transplanting should be simple
  6. I

GSP Removal.....

So the manual removal would likely not work and just all come back too? I dont know why some are swearing by the FenBendazole.....
  7. I

GSP Removal.....

Hey guys, So I want to remove all the GSP and start over.....apart from the laborious manual removal which I heard does NOT work long term the stuff just grows back like a weed are there any other recommendations before I consider nuking the tank with FenBendazole....a dewormer but which I...
  8. I

Anyone trying out Turf or Algae Scrubbers?

So the Chemiclean cleared out the Cyano, thanks guys for the recommendation! Now the issue is removing the excessive GSP!
  9. I

Lighting: T5 vs LED

Great info!! I wonder who really makes the Red Sea T5 light fixtures
  10. I

I’d be interested to know. Both made in Germany and I can’t see Red Sea setting up their whole factory around lighting design R&D and manufacturing. Better to get a discounted deal using another companies product for that portion
  11. I

What I found out also, is that apparently the original T5 light fixture that came with my Red Sea Max is supposedly made by ATI anyways.... Someone else said that ATI also made the RSM bulbs, don’t know if any truth to that
  12. I

Well when your running a whole town versus a house I bet it adds up lol
  13. I

I agree. I was very surprized I thought it would be one way traffic with LED, but it does seem like a lot of people are switching back to T5 for stability, taking with it the hassle of bulb changes and increased electricity as a trade off
  14. I

New England aquarium

I was just there on Saturday. The main tank was not down, HOWEVER, I noticed a lot of missing fish. They used to have a well stocked tang tank, I didnt see much. And the sharks and stingrays are all missing due to parasite risk
  15. I

Dong, I may set up these 8x80W T5 and add a LED strip of yours too, once I get this set up i will be in touch. Have you any at your place to view? I would need one for a 63"
  16. I

Back to the turf scrubber though, just like people buy a UV, do any of you guys use one and what are your thoughts??
  17. I

Hey thanks a lot guys! Ive ordered two Maxspect Gyre 250's and the chemiclean! Thanks so much!
  18. I

Hi guys, So I have had, persistent purple algae issues with my 180 gallon tank. To combat it, ive tried adding Macro algae, which always grows well in the refugium! I added two clean up crews, that didnt even dent it! (although could never get Mexican Turbo Snails due to weather) I changed my...
  19. I

Thanks guys, I think I will try this out before I chuck a lot of money into a new light, see how this goes, the new bulbs are about $200. Got the ATI bulbs you recommended Dong! Ps thanks very much man for the back and forth messages on this! Really appreciate the help as I am really trying to...
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back