Search results

1. pauldrapeau

Mosquito Spraying Tonight!

Did this cause any problems for anyone? Looks like they're doing my area on Sunday night...
  2. pauldrapeau

Gone Lots of Free Stuff - Tank, Lights, Skimmer Parts, Hang on Fuge

All yours if you want them... PM me and we can arrange pickup
  3. pauldrapeau

Gone Lots of Free Stuff - Tank, Lights, Skimmer Parts, Hang on Fuge

Need to make room in the basement. I'm offering lots of stuff for free in Mendon, MA. CPR HOB Fuge - No pump, holds water Vertex Skimmer - No Pump - Pump died and I took this off my system Remora Skimmer - No Pump - Old but looks like it has most/all the parts aside from pump Reef Octopus HOB...
  4. pauldrapeau

Local crabs?

Added some small local hermits to one of my tanks this weekend. They lived about 6 hours before the mantis shrimp tracked them all down and ate them :)
  5. pauldrapeau

Oh oh...flat worms

How old is the tank? Just about every tank I've ever set up has had an early phase where flatworms were visible. Then they just "went away" I've never had them grow out to plague proportions. Are they bothering any coral or just hanging on the rocks and glass?
  6. pauldrapeau

Clownfish and Anemone

Background: I've had this clownfish since my very first tank. I adopted it from someone who was taking down their tank. My wife and daughter have named him Señor Clown although I have numerous times reminded them Señor Clown is probably not a Señor... Anyway... I've had this fish in various...
  7. pauldrapeau

Free 20H and 24" 4 Bulb T5 Fixture

Cool... Someone PMed me on the lights but the tank is yours. I'll fill it with other goodies too :)
  8. pauldrapeau

Hello! (...and free stuff)

Yeah they come and go... when I can grab them they're good mantis shrimp food :) I haven't seen them really bother anything. I suppose if they get huge they could be a real problem but then I figure the bigger they are the less hiding places they have so I'll get them if it comes to that :)
  9. pauldrapeau

Hello! (...and free stuff)

Don't really have a build thread so I figured I would just update here. This tank is around the 6 month mark now. Urchin population is under control. :) The macro algae that came on the rocks gets trimmed now and then but so far so good. I would definitely do the TBS rock thing again if I set up...
  10. pauldrapeau

Free 20H and 24" 4 Bulb T5 Fixture

Title says it all.. Free 20gal high and 24" 4 bulb T5 fixture (has some older bulbs in it, but they should probably be replaced) T5 fixture has timer built in and night LEDs. Pickup in Mendon. Would make a good frag tank. PM me
  11. pauldrapeau

Free Black Long Spine Urchins

Not at this point I'll post up again if I have more. For some reason they seem to pop out in waves :)
  12. pauldrapeau

I tossed some in another tank I'm holding my clownfish in at the moment. It is invested with bubble algae. I haven't noticed them eating it...
  13. pauldrapeau

Say Hello to "Smashy"

I've read that as well. I searched around. There is a lot of talk about them breaking tanks but I couldn't find anything like "this mantis shrimp broke my aquarium". It seems like they're mostly talking about larger species of mantis as well. As an avid shooter and small mantis owner I will 100%...
  14. pauldrapeau

Say Hello to "Smashy"

It doesn't seem like there is any risk of that really. Even if it hit the tank (which it hasn't that I've seen) I don't think it is breaking.
  15. pauldrapeau

Bump... I've got two more of these free to good home if anyone wants them. Please PM
  16. pauldrapeau

Say Hello to "Smashy"

This mantis shrimp hitchhiked on my TBS live rock. It is now living in a 10Gal and my daughter has named it "Smashy". Pretty cool creature... I've been feeding the gorilla crabs to it as well as chunks of LRS. Smashy seems to only go after crustaceans and has been living with a small hitchhiker...
  17. pauldrapeau

Cirolanid/aegid HELP!

How goes the battle?
  18. pauldrapeau

Paul B's thread

That's ok, I'm usually reading this stuff after a few glasses of Maker's Mark :)
  19. pauldrapeau

Ann. New England Frag Farmer's Market 3-3-18 - Storrs, CT

I'm planning on attending this event. For someone who has never attended such a thing. How does purchasing frags work? Obviously I intend to bring a cooler and all the necessary things to transport goodies home but am I lugging things around with me all day or do vendors typically hold them for...
  20. pauldrapeau

Paul B's thread

Paul, I just wanted to say Hi and let you know I'm reading along here and on some other forums. Your threads and your tank are great and definitely inspired changes in how I think about the hobby. My favorite line of all time has to be "This is a hobby so there is no need to battle anything, if...
Back