Search results

1. J

Something is eating Coraline off rocks

Something in my tank is eating the coraline off the LR in my tank. Now I have small bright white patches. I have 4 hermit crabs and 3 snails as part of my CUC. I did just find an Asterina starfish that I removed. Any thoughts?
  2. J

WTB Frogspawn and Hammer

Looking for 1-2 heads of Frogspawn and Hammer. Located in Kingston Ma
  3. J

40G Breeder stocking

Looking for some insight on stocking my 40 gallon breeder. I have a 40 gallon breeder with 25 lbs of LR and 1.5" LS. I also have a 40G Breeder Sump with a Reef Octopus 1000int skimmer. All in all I beleive I have alround 75 gallons of water. Have some Zoos, favia, BTA. Will be adding more...
  4. J

Sump design

Installing a 20 gallon sump on my 40 gallon breeder tank. Purchased the glass-holes 700 overflow and return kit. Here is the sump design I was thinking about. Please give me your feedback as I am new to sumps and overflows. The overflow and return kit I puchased has the return drilled. Is...
  5. J

Appropriate lighting for 37 Gallon tank

I just set up a new tank 37 gallon. 12"d x 30"l x 24"h. I was originally going to setup a FOWLR but cannot resit keeping some corals. I am thinking of a T5 but how many watts would I need since its 24" high? Most 30" fixtures are only 2x24 but I can get a 36 since the bulbs are smaller and try...
  6. J

heater problem

I have a 12G nano reef and I woke up this mornin and the temp was at 84 which surprised me so I looked at my heater which is inside the built in filter. THe heater was completely missing the bottom half of the glass which was cracked off. It looked like the metal had rusted overnight so i was...
Back