Search results

1. Salty hands

Replacement for Phoenix 14000k 250W HQI

Does anyone know of some good bulbs that compare to the Phoenix 14000k 250W HQI? Yes, I'm still using MH and have to admit that I love the color they give off. I tried using Interlights "equivalent" but the bulb is pure trash. I did see some Hamilton 14K and 20K bulbs out there, but I have no...
  2. Salty hands

FS ISO Phoenix 14k 250W DE

Does anyone know where to buy Phoenix DE bulbs? I’m looking for 250W @ 14k
  3. Salty hands

Reef Deal LiveAquaria code

15% off - Good til 1/31. BLUESEA Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. Salty hands

Drs Foster & Smith 30%

DFS has 30% off going on tonight. I bought 200G Reef Crystals for $44. Code is FSHSLE30
  5. Salty hands

Show your Apex numbers

As I’m looking at my Apex screen I started to wonder how my numbers and swings compare to others. I think it would be interesting to see the screenshots of other tanks for comparison: Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. Salty hands

Free Free 90G with stand and sump

Free (to paid members) 90G reef ready with Durso and 20g sump, oak stand and top cover. There are some scratches and wear and tear but it’s water tight. I’ll drain the remaining water but I’d like the new owner to do all the heavy lifting. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. Salty hands

Best Carbon Filters for RODI

I've been using the 5 micron BRS carbon filters and end up having to replace them just about every 6 weeks. I'm only using for top off and water changes. I have a 5 and 1 micron sediment filter before the carbon and they still tend to clog way too fast. Can someone tell me who has good...
  8. Salty hands

Dr Foster n Smith deal

Offering a $50 coupon for $125 purchase. Not a bad deal!
  9. Salty hands

What and how much are you feeding?

Curious to see what foods people are feeding their tanks. It'll be interesting if lots of folks reply. Here's what I'm using: Foods: Jays fish goo San Francisco Bay frozen- emerald entree, marine cuisine, brine shrimp, formula 2 pellets, osi marine flakes Amount: Approximately 2-3 times per...
  10. Salty hands

Cleaner wrasse

Today is 6 weeks to the day that I purchased a pair of cleaner wrasses from Jay's. Both wrasses are eating multiple frozen items and even a little Nori. I've tried these wrasses over the years and they all seemed to last about week before they seem to vanish. It always came down to them not...
  11. Salty hands

$1 per gallon tanks at Petco

The sale is on! $1 per gallon. 40g breeder was $50 (1/2 off) Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. Salty hands

Reef Deal 15% Promo Code for LiveAquaria.com

Hi BRS Members, I received a LiveAquaria Promo code for 15% off until March 31, 2017 with my last purchase. LASPCIAL The offer is limited to one per household. Same for Drs Foster and Smith 15% off regular price items AQSUPPLY I hope this saves you some $$$
  13. Salty hands

Elos 160XL

I thought I'd share a little of my new tank build. The tank is an Elos 160XL (200G) that I picked up from Nick. It's setup to be a divider between two rooms. I'm using the Elos Planet ii, dual 250W Halide and 4 - 60W T5's. The tank is has been cycled with rock from my previous tank, as well...
  14. Salty hands

Reef Deal Reef Crystals $39.00 / Free Shipping (+10% off over $100)

Drs. Foster & Smith has a good deal on Reef Crystals salt.
  15. Salty hands

Hard Styrofoam Insulation safe?

Does anyone know if the Dow hard Styrofoam insulation is safe to use inside of the sump? I'd like to use it to insulate the pump vibration.
  16. Salty hands

What's the best sand for DSB these days?

I've been in the hobby for quite some time. I'm looking to add a DSB to a fresh 90. The last time I bought sand was South Down Carribean play sand from HD. Petco had some Carib Sea at the right size but wrong price. I was really hoping to stay away from the Silica based sand. Any one have...
  17. Salty hands

Re-using old Deep Sand Bed

I recently broke down a 90G tank with a DSB and I'm now in the planning stages of moving the contents of another 90G tank to it. The DSB from the first tank has been sitting in buckets for a few weeks. Does anyone know the impact of re-using this sand? The sand has been in the tank for about...
  18. Salty hands

Reef Deal 75G SeaClear for $100 on CL

Thought someone on BRS would love this deal: http://worcester.craigslist.org/for/726808537.html
  19. Salty hands

Lawnmower Blenny diet

Hi, I acquired a lawn mower blenny as a hitchhiker with some coral/live rock. It's a great fish with a ton of personality. Unfortunately it won't eat anything but microalgae, which is now in short supply in this tank. I've tried Formula 2, algae pellets, nori but with no luck. This fish...
  20. Salty hands

Siphon break for ATO

I'm looking to use electronic float switches to turn on a mj1200 for an Auto Top off system. Because the reservoir is above the level of my sump, a siphon is created when the pump shuts off and will flood the tank, killing all inhabitants. (Almost happened) I think it was Jimmyj7090 that...
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back