Search results

1. A

Sold Tank breakdown - insane deal

Hey all. Unfortunately the time has come where I need the room that my tank is in, so it needs to be broken down. Livestock is already gone and tank is ready to go. The tank is a 60 gallon cube (24x24x24) custom made by Coast to Coast. These cost close to $2000 new and shipped. I've had the...
  2. A

Free Berghia Nudibranch

I had three Berghia arrive at my house today. I would expect them to clear my tank within a couple weeks based on past experience. Once they have cleared my tank, I intend to give them to anyone that needs them, assuming I can get them out. Beware that this is a crap shoot. So, I will take PMs...
  3. A

FS 9"x6" Leng Sy (accidental) "frag"

I have a 9"x6" piece of Leng Sy Monti Cap that I accidentally broke off while cleaning. You're not seeing much color on the rim because I have it in light that is too low, and only my blues were on for this pic. I bought this from Dong a couple years ago and it grows extremely fast. I have grown...
  4. A

Free I just moved, so that means free accidental frags

I just moved my tank this weekend, and in the process created some frags accidentally. I have some HUGE pieces of Leng Sy cap, and some large pieces of purple stylopora. They are free to whoever can get them soon. They should be picked up within a few days. Sorry, I don't have time to post pics...
  5. A

Anyone have used 24" ATI bulbs?

Does anyone have used 24" ATI bulbs I could have or borrow? I am specifically looking for the actinic and purple plus, just one of each. I am trying to figure out if I want to change my combo or not. Thanks everyone!
  6. A

MP40 wES Spare Parts?

Does anyone know where I can find two spare wet-side grills/covers for the MP40 wES? Ecotech just told me they literally have zero and will neevr have them again because the new wet-side is different. Please PM me if you have some. I am happy to pay for them. Thanks!
  7. A

Help me find an old thread

Can anyone help me find an old thread? It's an old member that added a solarium to his house and has an enormous tank in the middle of it on a pedestal. Thanks!
  8. A

Unique Aquaria, Tewksbury, MA

B at Unique Aquaria comes through huge again: I was having problems with my corals for over a year, and finally decided to nuke the tank and start completely over after I exhausted all possibilities I could think of. I didn't want to get rid of the corals, some of which I have had for years...
  9. A

Anyone near Winchester have a piece of live rock so I can seed my tank?

Like the title says, does anyone near Winchester have a piece of live rock so I can seed my tank? Obviously, I would prefer to use rock from a well-established tank with no known undesirable critters...
  10. A

Cannot figure out why my alk is dropping

Can anyone explain to me how a tank with pH of 8.0-8.3, running an oversized skimmer (i.e. lots of oxygenation) and no coral in it is consuming 10ppm a day in alk? Here's the story: For two years, my tank has had everything measurable in terms of water quality perfect and stable...
  11. A

Can I Borrow a Fish Trap From Someone Near Winchester?

Anyone have a fish trap I can borrow? Without getting into a really long story, I am looking for one of the trap door types like this: http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2006/7/review I have tried everything else and it's not working.
  12. A

Low pH - what am I missing?

So my pH cannot get above 7.96 for whatever reason. I have had the windows in the house open for a few days and it only peaked at 8.10, so it doesn't seem to be an oxygen issue. Let's starts with the parameters, which were all tested 2x each last last using two different brands of kits, i.e. 4x...
  13. A

Video for those that care about reef sustainability

Here is a video for those that care about reef sustainability. Pay particular attention to the 5:20 mark for the people buying wild caught mandarins that will die in most people's tanks anyway. I am not some save the world guy by any stretch of the imagination, but for most people buying a...
  14. A

Leaking Uniseals

I recently installed some uniseals on Brute trashcans for making ro and mixing salt. After installing, one is leaking quite a bit, while the other has a slow drip. I thought these things were supposed to be the greatest things on Earth, but so far I feel like I may have ruined two expensive...
  15. A

Coral colors faded, need some help

I switched from ATI T5's a few months back (4x24w on a smaller tank, but same depth as new one) to a single 250W Radium on an M80 ballast in a 24x24x24 cube. My LPS (except the Acans) are not handling it well...as most of them are whiting (not bleaching) out. I have all LPS on sandbed and some...
  16. A

Anyone know where to buy cable height adjuster?

Does anyone know where to buy a cable height adjuster? I mean those pieces that allow you to adjust the height of the light that comes with the ATI hanging kits. I would rather not buy the entire kit, since the components of it can be bought for $1 at a hardware store, excluding the adjuster...
  17. A

Straightening Flex PVC

What is the best way to go about straightening flex PVC? I assume a heat gun will help...does anyone near Winchester have one I could borrow? I know they can be grabbed for $15, but I am sick of nickel and dimeing myself to death in this hobby for a tool I will use once. Any other methods? I...
  18. A

Plugging a hole in the bottom glass?

What is the best way to go about plugging a hole in the bottom of a tank? I came across a tank I want to buy, but it is drilled in the bottom (two holes) and does not have an overflow. It was used for a trade show, so the overflow was not a concern for the owner since they just had pipes in the...
  19. A

Halide Wiring Help

I just got my new MH pendant and I ordered a quick connect for the pendant to the ballast. Of course the quick connect comes with no instructions. The pendant has a black wire, a white wire, and a green (ground) wire. Standard. The quick connect has three prongs as well. I assume the...
  20. A

Do 250w Radium SE Bulbs filaments flop around?

Like the title says, do 250w Radium SE Bulbs filaments flop around? I just switched back to MH and never used these single-end bulbs before. There is nothing that is obviously broken, it just moves around a tiny bit and the metal inside can lightly touch the glass. I can't test until tomorrow...
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back