Search results

1. S

Apogee MQ-510 PAR Meter | Borrowing for BRS Members

Just sent an email for the West meter. Thanks for the work you put into managing this Doug.
  2. S

Can you salvage live rock?

I have a similar issue and I plan to keep the rocks, offering the corals on them free to whomever wants Xenia/polyps/anemones, then killing the rock and re-using in a future tank/build - so basically what Chris said
  3. S

Overflow

You do not strictly need a box, but an overflow box offers a few benefits. It provides a weir, it lets you set up quiet/silent draining, and it sets the water level at the surface level for surface skimming. You can accomplish these things in other ways, but a box is a straight forward elegant...
  4. S

Presenting Coral Reef Keeping

Very cool Paul. What did the kids ask most about? When I have done remote meetings I set up a second camera that points directly into the tank so the audience can see the tank live.
  5. S

Bean Animal questions

I would first start them without the elbows, the left most should be a full siphon that very closely matches your return rate (which should be less than what the e drain can handle alone). (Full siphon just under return rate which is just under what the e drain can handle alone). The second...
  6. S

An acropora growth thread

Cool to see! The mother colony is growing so fast I just had to frag off a giant chunk to keep it from shading things beneath.
  7. S

Sold Flipper Max - Unopened - $65

This thing is SO much better than than tunze and piranha float ones I have! Thanks again!
  8. S

Cool, available today around 2? Will PM you
  9. S

Where are you located? I would like to buy it if it isn't too far
  10. S

Water storage

I use these as well, here is a pic:
  11. S

Contest Official | Tyree Montipora Stellata | Grow Out Contest | 6 Months

Sorry did not see this post earlier, here is my piece
  12. S

Less Common Tips and Tricks

I use magnets when I need the pump mounted but mostly don't mount the pumps in mixing containers at all and just let them lay on the bottom
  13. S

Permanent marker has held well so far, the bucket in my pic has been like that for a year or so. On one of my brutes (dark grey vs white) I just scratched it a bit.
  14. S

After speaking with so many experienced reefers today at the frag swap, I thought it would be nice to collect uncommon things people do that they find helpful in with their tank care: 1. Having multiple thicknesses of super glue on hand: Thick such as...
  15. S

Sold Large acro frags, stylo frags, orange zoas

Everything is sold or traded! If anyone is interested in the blue/purple/teal acro, hit me up as I can frag it more.
  16. S

Gone MP10QD for sale or trade

Which side of your mp10 wont stay? I've had success helping the dry side out by mounting the cord well and adding a support to the dry side body directly.
  17. S

Watch tank temps

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B072LDYKQ6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 I use these wired to an old powersupply from some long broken pump
  18. S

Also have a frag of 20 polyps from this mother colony, $50:
  19. S

I have multiple large acro frags for sale or to trade, $10 with first come first choice Also 2 purple stylo frags also $10 or trade One stylo frag One acro frag The stylo mother colony (not for sale) The largest acro frag - mostly purple but with some green Large acro frag on the far left...
  20. S

Sponsors?

Very much agree with Dave's suggestion.
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back