Search results

1. S

Less Common Tips and Tricks

After speaking with so many experienced reefers today at the frag swap, I thought it would be nice to collect uncommon things people do that they find helpful in with their tank care: 1. Having multiple thicknesses of super glue on hand: Thick such as...
  2. S

Sold Large acro frags, stylo frags, orange zoas

I have multiple large acro frags for sale or to trade, $10 with first come first choice Also 2 purple stylo frags also $10 or trade One stylo frag One acro frag The stylo mother colony (not for sale) The largest acro frag - mostly purple but with some green Large acro frag on the far left...
  3. S

Basement Sump Design Questions

For a basement sump where you can walk all the way around it and you can reasonably easily set it up at any height, what height would you choose? The sump container is 24" tall and I plan to have ~14" inches of water.
  4. S

Where to buy magnets - DIY Magnetic Rock

I want to make some rather large magnetically mounted rocks similar to this Tunze rock. I already have plenty of rock to work with and I can drill plug holes but am not sure where to buy sufficiently strong magnets to work through 1/2" glass. Any suggestions on where and which magnets to buy?
  5. S

Fish recommendation

What fish would you recommend to go with these (from smallest to largest) in a 210g bare bottom mostly SPS tank: Kole Tang Tomini Tang Sailfin Tang Powder Brown Tang Magnificent Fox Face Thank you for your recommendations -Stephen
  6. S

Doser Head Tubing

Anyone know where to buy the tubing that goes inside doser heads? or even what it is called exactly so I can search for it? Thanks!
  7. S

Sold Lifereef Sump and Refugium w/light and free chaeto

I have a sump and refugium available. There are covers for the sump as well included. I also have the manifold for the reactors. Sump: $150 Refugium with light: $100 with free chaeto to boot $220 for both above Just added 2 more pics, one showing the grates, cover and manifold (I used a...
  8. S

Sold Grape Monti Frags + cut to order stag, acro, stylo

3 Grape Montipora frags, 1-2" square inches - $10 each Purple Stylo cut to order, 1-2" - $10 Purple tipped stag horn cut to order, 1-2" - $10 Purple with green acro cut to order, 1-2" - $20 Free Xenia to anyone, Free chaeto for any buyers of above Location: Sterling, MA 3 Grape Monti Frags...
  9. S

Sold JBJ Arctica Chiller - $220

No longer using this chiller in my current setup, 1/10 Arctica Chiller, 20 feet of 3/4" tubing included. Working well! Pick up in Sterling, MA, willing to meet along 495 Marlborough to Littleton.
  10. S

FS Current MH/T5 36" Hybrid Light

I have recently gone a new direction with lighting and have this old standby available for sale. The light works fine, however you will likely want new bulbs soon as they are just about a year old. 4 T5 HO 39W 2 150W MH lamps moonlight LEDs however the power supply for these is missing $50...
  11. S

Gone Free Xenia

Located in Sterling, MA, I have a tennis ball sized chunk of Xenia that split off from my island of Xenia and tried to find a new home. That home will not be found in this tank. It is attached to an old piece of a plug and should be easy to mount wherever someone wants it. under morning blues
  12. S

Dual Overflow Bean Animal Setup

I have been thinking through my drain setup and want to get some other thoughts. I, like a lot of folks on here, have dual overflows. Each overflow has 2 drilled holes. The return is using 1 of the holes. How would you use the other 3 holes? I would like to have a full bean animal overflow...
  13. S

Tank/Overflow covers

Do you cover your overflows to block light or to reduce noise? What are you using to do it? My acrylic tank came with inset acrylic covers but for my glass tank I am trying to come up with something that fits nicely.
  14. S

Doubling water volume

I am getting close to bringing another tank online that will share the same sump as my existing system (~210 gallons). This will bring the total water volume close to ~400 gallons. The new tank has ~100 gallons of RODI water in it currently. How would you merge the two water volumes? My...
  15. S

External Pump Plumbing from a non-drilled glass sump

I have a glass tank as my sump that is not drilled and is currently in use (with ~60 gallons of water in it). Not in use, I have an external return pump. I want to explore using this external return pump. Will this plumbing set up work? Purple is the pvc line. Blue is water. Not to scale...
  16. S

Gone Free Rainbow BTA

One of my Rainbow BTAs split with half wandering off. Fortunately it hitched a ride on the back of a snail so I was able to easily grab it and put it in my fish trap for now. About the size of a golf ball when in the tank and not sulking in the trap. Free to a good home. Pick up in Sterling, MA.
  17. S

Aquarium in the Zoom background

I would like to have my zoom background for work be my aquarium. However, anytime I try this, the aquarium is way overexposed and just looks like a bunch of really bright objects. This is what I mean: Does anyone have any suggestions about how to better capture it? Perhaps a better camera...
  18. S

4 Wheel Wood Dolly

I have a 4 wheeled wood dolly available if anyone is moving something heavy around. Stand, tank, whatever. Save yourself 20 bucks and use this if you are in the area (between Worcester and Leominster).
  19. S

Sand movement fish recommendations

I am looking for something that will constantly mix my sand. It is a 180g display. Current inhabitants include misc hermits, a few emerald crabs, misc snails (no sand based ones really left as far as I can see), watchman goby, flame angel, hippo tang, purple tang, 4 clownfish (of varying...
  20. S

Neodymium magnets/Sharpies in RODI container

Is it safe to leave small neodymium magnets like pictured submerged in my RODI container (Brute 32g opaque gray plastic trash bin)? I use a pair of them to transfer the water level to my outside markings so I know how much water is being used in top offs and water changes. Alternatively I...
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back