Search results

1. jamesdong009

LFS WYSIWYG delivery

Being sick has started me thinking. Working in E-commerce, I literally get everything delivered, even though I can pick it up on the way home. The reasons I don't, (1) I'm lazy :rolleyes: or too tired after a sixteen hour shift, (2) convenience, and (3) I'm lazy ;). If you can guarantee the...
  2. jamesdong009

pH...I've been wrong

I used to tell people not to chase pH numbers. Turned out I've been wrong and I'll be the first to admit it.
  3. jamesdong009

Controller recommendations

So I've been in and out of the hospital for much of 2020. I'm currently looking for options that I can control EVERYTHING from a hospital bed or my own bed ;). Long story short, I lost everything from my last stint, and stint, and stint. WIFI outlets work okay, but not reliable. I have...
  4. jamesdong009

When was your first tank, FW or SW

Mine was when I was in walking to the playground by myself (anyone remember those days ;)). I dumped shampoo into my dad's tank to clean it and it definitely worked :rolleyes:. After that, he got me my own tank and I was around 4yo at the time. I started breeding bettas by 8yo and have never...
  5. jamesdong009

Should refugiums be called something else?

This has been irking me for some time. A refugium should be a refuge for anything that lives in that environment, not so much so if I'm tossing half of it in the trash every couple of weeks. I've found baby cardinals and mollies living in that small section of sumps and will catch them before...
  6. jamesdong009

Looking for a 6-8' black rimmed tank

Call me old school, but I like the look of rimmed tank (must be the freshwater in me). Don't get me wrong, rimless tanks are sexy as hell, but whatever tips your tank...or not, hopefully. I've seen 6 footers with a black perimeter brace and no center. That's what I'm aiming for. Unfortunately...
  7. jamesdong009

Guppies in a refugium

I keep mollies in my qt and frag tank. They do well with the flow and produce babies like crazy. I would honestly say I wouldn't set up another quarantine tank or frag tank without them. All they do is pick at algae and possible pests that the are on the plugs. My refugium has lower flow and...
  8. jamesdong009

Splitting light times

Just wondering if anyone splits their times on the lighting. Currently, mine are on 10AM-12AM. Yup, 14 hours with a very slow ramp time. I figure reefs get 12 hours a day so what's a couple extra hours. I don't really get to enjoy the tank on my day off, like one day off in three weeks, max...
  9. jamesdong009

DIY Vodka dosing container

I just can't find the bottle :rolleyes::p
  10. jamesdong009

Flow meter suggestions

I'm not looking for anything digital, just a gauge I can attach to my plumbing, look at, and will be reef safe. I know there are gauges out there, but would rather hear from personal experiences.
  11. jamesdong009

Next Petco sale

Does anyone know when the next Petco $1 per gallon sale will be?
  12. jamesdong009

Can't ever seem to hang it up ;)

My last crash episode was the worst by far since I've been in this hobby. I was away for the holidays when my neighborhood lost power. When power was restored, I checked my webcam and could see that my yellow tang and foxface had perished. One by one, I saw the other fish suffer the same...
  13. jamesdong009

Ann. Fish Goo - February 18th 2018 Meeting

Well it's been a few months since we've done a batch so let's start another :). Another meeting means another opportunity for making some fish goo and a great time to grab another bag or two if you're running low :) Our last batch tasted fantastic ;), so I'm hoping we can make another great...
  14. jamesdong009

Ann. February 18th Meeting with Logan Vanghele from Reef Breeders

Boston Reefers Meetings are open to all Paid, non-paid and prospective members (family friendly environment):) The next meeting of the Boston Reefers' Society will be on: Sunday, February 18th, noon to 4:00pm with Logan Vanghele from Reef Breeders. The location is: Taunton VFW 82 Ingell St...
  15. jamesdong009

Contest Official December Captain America Paly Growout Thread

Here are the rules copied from the Sign Up Thread: - All participants must be paid members before receiving your coral - Growout coral must be picked up in person at the December 2nd Elections Meeting. Exceptions can be made. Please PM me first. - Post your setup, your tank maintenance and...
  16. jamesdong009

Ann. I'd like to introduce you to the 2018 BRS BOD

Here are the new Board members for 2018. President: Albert Garcia @AlbertG Vice President: Stephen Grande @mpsteve Secretary: Tim Vaillancourt @aresangel Treasurer: Anthony Diep @jamesdong009 Board of Director At-Large Aidan Murphy @ADOWG Arsalan Akbari @Arsalan Joe Rice @Joe Rice Mike...
  17. jamesdong009

Gauging Interest in BRS Shirts

Just checking to see if members are interested in purchasing BRS gear. We'll start off with shirts and work from there. Here is the design we've been working with: Let us know of interest, t shirt color, and design critiques. Thanks
  18. jamesdong009

Ann. BRS Bake Off Competition

So you think you can bake? Let the BRS members be the judge of that :). Bring along your baked goodies to the December Meeting and get your chance of winning a BRS Hat and Apron.
  19. jamesdong009

Ann. BRS Yankee Swap (Reef Edition)

BRS Reefers Swap In the past, we've just drawn numbers but lets bring it back to Yankee Swap rules. My buddies and I have been going by these rules forever and it's always been fun. Here are the rules: The Game Itself Once everyone has arrived at the party and placed their wrapped gift in...
  20. jamesdong009

Ann. Sign Up Thread for the December 2nd Meeting Captain America Paly Growout

Let's see who has the most :p This month's growout coral will be a Captain America Paly Here are the rules, which are subject to change, based upon previous contests: - All participants must be paid members before receiving your coral - Growout coral must be picked up in person at the...
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back