Search results

1. R

FS Getting out of reefing - selling everything

Getting out of reefing after 22 years Drilled tank with overflow 28x28x24(deep) 81 gallons With stand and granite top Life reef Protein skimmer Neptune Apex (with a number of modules and power strips) 2 vortec mp10’s 2 digital DC pumps Water testing kits Icecap metal halide light Lots of...
  2. R

UV filter

Anyone have one? As long as it works, I don't care how ugly... I am trying out an experiment and need one. Thanks!
  3. R

Vino montipora

Anyone have a frag for sale? PM me please with a price, thanks!
  4. R

T5 retrofit, 4 bulb, 24"

Hi, I'm looking for a T5 retrofit setup for 4, 24" bulbs. Let me know if you have one for sale, thanks!
  5. R

Kessil A360X

Let me know if you have one (or two) for sale, thanks!
  6. R

Paypal checkout - not working

I have tried paying for an individual membership, family membership, using Chrome and using Firefox. All yield the same result... when hitting agree and pay on the paypal page, I get the following message: Sorry — your last action could not be completed I have done many transactions via...
  7. R

www.reefcleaners.org - bad experience

Hello, I just purchased a cleanup crew from www.reefcleaners.org, based out of Florida. They shipped a crew overnight, in a box with no insulation, and one small heat pack. Snails and hermit crabs were in a single bag with a wet paper towel, the two emerald crabs were each in their own...
  8. R

ESV B-Ionic Seawater Salt - anyone using it? Anywhere local to buy it?

As the title says... wondering if anyone is using it, and if so what do you think? Also, anywhere to buy it local?
  9. R

anyone have a generator I can borrow for a few days?

Hi everyone, I hate to come begging for help, but a large tree is being taken down next week (I think) by my town in front of my house, and it looks like they are taking down the powerlines first, so I'll be without power for a while. Does anyone have a generator I can borrow for a few...
  10. R

How to make water changes easier :)

Just thought I'd share a tip on making water changes a bit easier. I'll be doing the example for a 5 gallon bucket as that is the size container I make water in, but can be sized for any container. Additionally, the parameters I use for my tank, might not be the same for yours ;) When I...
  11. R

calcium test kit... which Hach kit?

Anyone know which Hach calcium test kit to order that the club uses at the meetings? Thanks :) Mark
  12. R

Unique Aquaria

B has a great store going, can't waitto see it fully stocked up. Really nice selection of high end corals, and a good cleanup crew selection too. I'll certainly be back :) Mark
  13. R

Invert group buy for December meeting

I'll be placing an order from www.keyscritters.com, this Sunday at 1PM eastern. This will make for a Thursday delivery, two days before the meeting this month. Rules: 1) Post in this thread what you want 2) Paypal me at markponikvar (at) gmail (dot) com after you post here, with your BRS...
  14. R

power outage...

Since 5AM, and still waiting.... errr :mad: Can't even watch TV :rolleyes:, or make a cup of coffee!
  15. R

GFO group buy

Same as previous group by I ran, this is the wet media (rowaphos type), granular ferric oxide, for removing phosphates. I had to buy a 5 gallon bucket to get the discounted rate, so I have plenty! $12 for 500ml (roughly 3/4 pound, same amount of rowaphos at marine-depot is $46 plus...
  16. R

Two part versus Calcium Reactor thoughts...

I used b-ionic years ago.. then "upgraded" to a calcium reactor. About 5 months ago I switched back to a two part additive (soda ash and calcium chloride). When I switched, I stopped all alk / calcium / magnesium additives for 7 days. I measured on day 1, 4, and 7 my levels (3 measurements...
  17. R

April 2008 Superglue group buy

Ok, it is that time of year again for a superglue group buy :) Same stuff as last time, the product is: BSI IC-Gel: http://www.bsiadhesives.com/Pages/hobby/ca.html The buy is directly from BSI, the manufacturer. It is thick, and each tube is 0.7oz (20 grams), about 10 times the...
  18. R

All the data on salt mixes you ever wanted...

I took the testing that was done on reef central and compiled it into an excel file, the salts were tested multiple times, the salinity reading is just to show at the same volume of salt, what each mixed to. The readings for everything else were all batches mixed at 78 degrees and 35ppt...
  19. R

J&L Aquatics pooled order

I'll be placing an order this week... they just picked up the Zeo line, which is what I am ordering. I have about $100, if the order is over $200 shipping is free. Anyone want in? Mark
  20. R

Anyone use golden pearls?

Seemed to be a huge deal a few years back... haven't heard much either way on them lately. They now have multiple sizes ( http://www.brineshrimpdirect.com/GP-Diets-c11.html ) and I am wondering if anyone has used them in the past or currently does. If so, what size, and what were your...
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back