Search results

1. N

Help with id

Could someone help id. Is this Dino? Thank. you
  2. N

What exactly are these?

Could someone please tell me what these are thanks.
  3. N

Lighting Question

Can i use the regular glass tank tops they sell to put in between the water surface and my DE halide bulbs without damaging the tank or inhabitants? I plan on building a DIY hood using a pair of old coralife 150watt DE pendants that i have laying around. Unfortunately I do not have the small...
  4. N

Starting new.

I have been into and out of reef tanks for quite some time now. I currently have a 75 reef ready setup (very basic) which was setup nine years ago. In those nine years i have added two clown fish and a few minor corals with the intention of adding over time but that never seemed to pan out...
  5. N

Need help with skimmer

I have been having a problem with my skimmer for the past few weeks. What has been happening is it just keeps overflowing. I have tried adjusting and readjusting I have soaked all parts in vinegar over night, I have checked for blockages. Any ideas what may be causing it. I am not sure the brand...
  6. N

Looking for some input

So I have been bouncing around the idea of changing my sand bed I originally started the tank with a fine substrate. However I'm getting kind of sick of constantly needing to clean the Rock due to the occasional sandstorm I did not want to lose the beneficial bacteria that has grown in the...
  7. N

is this safe

is it safe if a tank is supported on all four corners..to be exact the sides and front are supported full length however the back is not ..but again the four corners are sitting flush on the stand...tank size is 75 i think
  8. N

T5 HO verse metal halide?

what would you suggest for a tank that will be running lps and softies..do the t5 ho's create glitter lines?
  9. N

drill bits

was wondering if anyone had a bit for a 1" bulkhead i could rent for a few hours..will pay..its kind of an urgent thing
  10. N

need some input on hole location

Hello reefers. I have a 45 long which has a single hole drilled into the bottom. i am going to be setting up an in wall setup soon. just waiting on some last minutes parts to get the project started. so i guess my question is where sould i drill holes for a closed loop and either an additional...
  11. N

wow its been a long time

well after one year a new house a new wife and many other crazy events its time for me to get back to it. i just finished building my new home and as all of you know once we get this hobby in our blood we cant get it out. with this in mind i built my home with a special closet area conneted to...
  12. N

skimmer hooked into drain

is it possible to have a skimmer do its job if its water is supplied via the drain rather than a pump?
  13. N

electronic float switch.

does anyone know where i might be able to get one of these switchs either locally or online? thanks
  14. N

what do you put in your tank

just figured i would see what the rest of you are putting in your tanks on a daily basis as far as types of food and additives. right now im just adding b-ionic dont really have much in my tank.
  15. N

smart home .com

was looking into turning my extra pc into a controller and i found a cool site that carries all types of x-10 modules and what not. figured i would share the info. site is www.smarthome.com
  16. N

need some imput please.

im runing two 175w mh bulbs 10k both are coral vues. yet one is burning a little bluer than the other could this bluer bulb be messed up or is it likely that one of the ballast has got an issue. if its the ballast anyone got a 175 ballast for sale. sorry for the wtb part just figued i would...
  17. N

aqua controller

just wondering if anyone has ever built their own aqua controllers if so can u help me with mine
  18. N

talk about a late night mission

as some know my tank crashed about two weeks ago well i started around 5 tonight to start anew. took some time to build a new canopy and come up with a new sump design so i could have a larger one. (located next to tank). anyways removed old sand bed all water and replaced all 55 plus an...
  19. N

question on perfecto stand

i have a 55gal perfecto stand my stand supports the tank at all four corners and the tank basically floats in the center there is a brace in the center rear of the stand nothing sits on this brace it just connets to the bottom and top horizontal pieces. does anyone have any idea what would...
  20. N

side sump

is anyone using a sump that is located somewhere other than below there tank?
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back