Search results

1. gobyvin

Need of larger tank

Hi All, I have reached out to some that had recent posts already, but not found a donor yet. The Marine Science Classes at BMC Durfee High School of the City of Fall River Ma is in need of a new aquarium to receive the reef that is flourishing and built largely on the generosity of people that...
  2. gobyvin

Henri

Get your backup power together in RI/CT/SE MA/Cape and Islands I hope they are wrong.
  3. gobyvin

FS Gorgeous Hollywood Stunner Chalice

Trade for Green Slimer colony or $40 purchase. This is the size of a large iPhone. I have two scrolling colonies on rock that are half this size but really cool, and are the lighter variety “Sprung Stunner” pickup near New Bedford MA. Might travel if you have something cool to trade.
  4. gobyvin

FS Show tree leather

Trade for decent small colonies (2-4”, branching) of red monti, green slimer, easy spa, Rasta Zoas or red zoas. Purchase price would be $60. I have four of these, all super healthy. Range in size from hand to three fists. Pickup near New Bedford, MA, or let me know what you have and if you...
  5. gobyvin

Hydroids?

Are these hydroids? They survived a unheated brute cure for 2 years and excessive scrubbing/water changes on some recycled rock I used for my 180. They are stinging this leather tree. They looked like they had tubes and are not encrusting on the rock but also growing out or up through it...
  6. gobyvin

FS Neon tipped pink Birds-nest, Green Palys, Hollywood stunner chalice, Sinularia dura (peach colored cabbage leather) Devil’s Hands, Trees, Grube’s Gorg

Hello, I have some frags and colonies to part with I am into trades for anything I may not have, which is plenty. Looking for green slimer, red monti caps, green montis, zoas, etc... Also Caulerpa. 1” Hollywood Stunner frags on tiles: $10 2 Scrolling Stunner colonies encrusting on small...
  7. gobyvin

90 Gallon High School Marine Science Reef Back and Ready for March 15 return of in school learning!

Hi All, First, I want to thank the members here, as many of you have contributed to my own growing knowledge of this hobby over the years and helped me pull this off. I also want to thank Logan at Reefbreeders for a very generous and important donation of equipment, a 48” Photon to support this...
  8. gobyvin

Water Station

Hi All, I have been working on designing and building this for months, trying to keep it simple, and use the least amount of plumbing parts to accomplish my goals and only one large pump. Pump is a Coralbox 12000 I bought from Reefbreeders. The left container is 10” gallons of RODI, the right...
  9. gobyvin

Glass Aquarium Manufacturer

Hi All, If quality work was the important detail, what custom tank provider would you use to construct a custom dimension 60-ish gallon cube? Anybody local to MA? Or New England States? To avoid crazy shipping... and have some control over delivery. The installation will be inside of a...
  10. gobyvin

Seasoning old dirty rock.

Hi All, I have a 45 gallon brute with live rock that was from a mud puddle in the bottom of tanks broken down by another aquarist I got free, 1 year ago. Majanos removed... lots of detritus... lots of swishing and brushing and water changes and there is still cool yellow sponge on it! After a...
  11. gobyvin

RIgging a RODI Auto-Shutoff with a booster pump and ASOV/solenoid

Hi All, Looking for a hand here, as this is making me nervous... How long does a ASOV/float/pressure valve take to shut the booster pump off when the float stops flow of product water into your storage vat? I am afraid the pump will get damaged. It seems to take too long (over a minute and I...
  12. gobyvin

Lemon Blue Eye Ancistrus

These are 49.99 in LA Divers Den! Get yours for less!, born and raised in MA. Great color! Some with albino eyes, if you prefer. Most are blue eye variety. $20 for 1”+ sexed - 4 available $10 for 1” immatures - 14 available $5 for under 1” month old juveniles super cute, all feast on many...
  13. gobyvin

Blastomussa merletti going pale, not thriving

Hi All, I am stumped. I have leptastrea, acans, candy cane, chalice, hammer, easy sps, leathers, mushrooms, polyps, gorgonians, all thriving and growing. My blastos are pale and are at bottom of 180gallon Reef with little sand and three Reefbreeders 16’s running strongest at 80% for four hours...
  14. gobyvin

Auto Neck Cleaners

Does anyone use these? I bought a skimmer Bubble Magus Curve 9 with one, and use it only every couple days. I throttle one gate valve down to min to cause overflow and then turn it on. The mayonnaise consistency crud gets knocked into the sump water and I am not a fan. That is the crap we...
  15. gobyvin

Maxima clam byssal opening

Do Maxima’s have a small opening in the mantle underside near the byssal attachment area? I never noticed it before and hope it isn’t injured. While I observe it, it occasionally dilates open and closed slightly.
  16. gobyvin

Gone Green BTAs

Anybody want one, I have three to give. They are in my fuge and happy. On rubble. Colorful and bubbled up nice. Pickup in Fairhaven, MA. Would not mind a frag if you care to donate something you have lots of. My wife’s High School Marine Science class reef is living at home due to COVID...
  17. gobyvin

Magnetically attractive black sand

Is this a big problem? My wife’s school reef has sea floor special mixed with this stuff that was donated as a running reef substrate. Animals seem pretty good and have been. It stuck to a magnet mount for a powerhead. Thanks in advance to anyone with knowledge of this. It looks like a...
  18. gobyvin

Best Return Pumps Cost to Own Wise

Looking for most efficient and reliable model most used. Cheap stuff not a necessity. I have been in for the long haul but have not purchased gear in a while. Any help greatly appreciated. There is lots of very expensive stuff out there. Looking for best value, not interested in gimmicks or...
  19. gobyvin

Awesome Companies and Awesome BRS Members

This is a major Thank You to Logan at Reefbreeders for donating a PhotonV2 48” to Durfee High School’s Marine Science Classes in Fall River, MA. My wife is the principal teacher and curriculum writer for that class and has worked in this public High School for over 13 years now. Members that...
  20. gobyvin

Laser to kill majano or aiptasia with

What works best? Any suggestions much appreciated. What strength is necessary?
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back