Search results

1. JasonandRay

Free FREE: 36L x 12W x 18H 30 gallon oceanic tank, 18X18X10 cube Drilled With Glass Holes overflow, 20G L sump

Probably just dumping the sump tonight/ tomorrow if no one is interested.
  2. JasonandRay

Free FREE: 36L x 12W x 18H 30 gallon oceanic tank, 18X18X10 cube Drilled With Glass Holes overflow, 20G L sump

Please post in here if you take the tanks so people don’t waste time driving here.
  3. JasonandRay

still have them all. My address is 12 hickey drive, framingham ma 01701. Please take them all if you come to take any.
  4. JasonandRay

Free on curb, Pm for address. Pictures were taken before spending about a year under a porch. Could use cleaning
  5. JasonandRay

MH for the biocube

I have this. Would fit nicely over a 32 and has brackets so you don’t have to mess with hanging it. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. JasonandRay

Snow effect when dosing alk

This happens when you drip the desired amount over night? 7 to 9 is a pretty big swing to try to make up for in one dosing. If you gradually try to increase it you may have better results. Some tanks are happy at a lower alk level as well chasing numbers isnt always the best thing to do.
  7. JasonandRay

Algea issues

Never found a nitrate test kit worth using, I still have some but theyre expired. Always would get different results with the same water just different test kits. Just made up a fresh batch of RSCP looks like it might be the source of my phosphate-0.06ppm Think im going to fire up the Gfo...
  8. JasonandRay

Algea issues

tanks been up for 6 years now. Just started to restock it with corals and keep the bright lights on for 5 hours a day. BRS Gfo. You guys seem to belive the opposite of everything I have read. never heard of GFO being the cause of algea issues.
  9. JasonandRay

Algea issues

Dong you say that because nitrates and Phosphates are removed in Ratios and by removing just phosphates I most likely am stuck with high nitrates?
  10. JasonandRay

Algea issues

Bare bottom 12 Gallon 18x18x16" Tank Lit by a 150watt 20k MH bulb with a Jebao wp25 providing the water movement. 20 gallon Sump with fuge lit by a 24watt par38 bulb , Sca301 skimmer, Gfo and carbon in a filter bag and 700gph Return. RKL controlling it all Brand new filters in the BRS Ro/di...
  11. JasonandRay

12 gallon

Starting to get some hair algae covering the rocks. Frustrating, I have tried everything on this system the only thing that is still the same is the rock. Starting to worry Marco/ brs rock is leaching phosphates. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. JasonandRay

afboundguy's downsizing (or upgrading???) 25 gallon cube build

Nice to see some old names on this thread
  13. JasonandRay

12 gallon

Just uploading these so I can keep track of growth Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. JasonandRay

Constant salinity

you could also little salt to your top off water if skimmer production is consitant
  15. JasonandRay

Got into a fight with my green slimmer colony

get that checked out man
  16. JasonandRay

Is this DOA?

I would call that DOA
  17. JasonandRay

12 gallon

Been away from the boards for a few years, my tanks been without corals for a few years with just a pair of convict gobies that I've had for 4-5 years. I finally got around to cleaning up the tank and adding a few corals so I figured I would share some iPhone pictures. Sent from my iPhone...
  18. JasonandRay

ATO pump siphon issues

If you cannot raise the output of the ato water outlet to your tank you can make a small pinhole in the plumbing at the top but just inside the barrel. The hole will allow air in and should break the syphon. Just make sure the hole is in a pluming piece that is in the barrel as water will spray...
  19. JasonandRay

Auto top offs...what brand do you use?

Reefkeeper with float switches and maxijet 900. Only thing with this setup is I had to attach a little night light on the same outlet as the maxi jet or else the pump would occasionally stick on because the draw from the pump alone isn't enough for the pc4 to recognize Sent from my iPhone...
  20. JasonandRay

25 gallon Cube Build

What was the issue with the center overflow? I had bulkhead strainers for a little while, they're horrible at surface skimming and not quiet even with a reverse durso. I ended up with a glass holes kit and i like it. Unless your sump is really tiny I think you are worrying way too much...
Back