Search results

1. JasonandRay

Free FREE: 36L x 12W x 18H 30 gallon oceanic tank, 18X18X10 cube Drilled With Glass Holes overflow, 20G L sump

Free on curb, Pm for address. Pictures were taken before spending about a year under a porch. Could use cleaning
  2. JasonandRay

Algea issues

Bare bottom 12 Gallon 18x18x16" Tank Lit by a 150watt 20k MH bulb with a Jebao wp25 providing the water movement. 20 gallon Sump with fuge lit by a 24watt par38 bulb , Sca301 skimmer, Gfo and carbon in a filter bag and 700gph Return. RKL controlling it all Brand new filters in the BRS Ro/di...
  3. JasonandRay

12 gallon

Been away from the boards for a few years, my tanks been without corals for a few years with just a pair of convict gobies that I've had for 4-5 years. I finally got around to cleaning up the tank and adding a few corals so I figured I would share some iPhone pictures. Sent from my iPhone...
  4. JasonandRay

Reefkeeper lite Sid issues

Hey, today after messing around with my reefkeeper looking at graphs, changing ato alarms, and a few other settings my reef keeper decided to go rouge. Its not letting me update any of my modules, and even off myreef 2.0 the system wont recognize my sl1. I think the problem is my sid, I was...
  5. JasonandRay

New additions from CMAC and BRS meeting

What did all you guys end up with?
  6. JasonandRay

40 Breeder

Its coming along... slowly :p I spy a neon goby! I still have to make the door for the stand, and a bunch of other little thighs like that...
  7. JasonandRay

If you were given $400 to spend on your tank what would you buy?

What would you buy?
  8. JasonandRay

Where to locate pc4's and power extenders

I asked in my blog but no one looks in there so, I have a 40 breeder setup with a remote sump in the closet, The build has been going well, but im stuck on were to put the pc4s, I know its probably a bad idea to screw it into the wall above the open sump....
  9. JasonandRay

Full tank shot thread

I think it would be nice to see all of the members creations in one thread, could we all post a FTS picture and tell a little about your tank? If possible could we try and keep post with just comments abut other tanks to the minimum. :D
  10. JasonandRay

Will this work?

can you have the hole for you return pump in the sump at the water level if it is a external pump? or will the pump run dry in some sort of power outage? i dont want the water level higher then were the hole is drilled... any way around this other then capping then re-drilling?
  11. JasonandRay

Overflow options....

Hey guys, i recently bought a 40 gallon breeder and its drilled in the top right corner, The tank is in my bedroom so it has to be quiet and I want to push about 400-600 gph through the sump (55 gallon) What would be my quietest option for a 1.5" hole, I guess I could drill more but i want to...
  12. JasonandRay

need to down-size- What would your dream tank be if it had to be under 50 gallons?

The 75 is too big, and too much trouble with all the kids running around my house. I need to bring the tank into my room, but I am worried about the support of the house, so I am think about going for a tank under 50 gallons or so. Would you go salona or a long shallow tank? Maybe a 40 gallon...
  13. JasonandRay

Why dont we use scientific names for our corals?

I still dont understand why we name our corals so differently when they are a small morph of one another. This seems very misleading, by calling corals by there scientific names it would make things a lot easier when trying to research about the coral. I have never seen anyone in the Fresh water...
  14. JasonandRay

Jason's 75 gallon build

First of all, I would like to thank everyone in this club, if it wasnt for you guys and gals I probably would of give the hobby up awhile ago. I also want to give a HUGE thanks to scott for giving me the tank, also a big thanks to Anthony (jamesdong009) for the sump, and Saltyolddog for teaching...
  15. JasonandRay

placement of intake for a skimmer?

I was wounding if the intake had to be after the output. would it work like its setup in the 5 min paint drawing or will the input recycle the skimmed water?
  16. JasonandRay

Whats the origin of your water-flow?

Whats the origin of your water flow? Just wondering what everyone uses
  17. JasonandRay

how dose this look for support?

hey guys i wanted to put my tank parallel to the joist, would this work without any sinking from the joints or hardwood flooring? the arrow in the picture is pointing to where a support beam is. the red is where i want the tank, a 75 gallon with a 30 gallon sump. Will this be O.K. because its...
  18. JasonandRay

sump for 75 gallon stand

ive got 46" by 16 1/2 " to work with ive been looking around but i dont want a tank thats too high that i cant get my hands in... is there a 36x12x12 tank?
  19. JasonandRay

Need plans for 75 gallon canopy

I need a new canopy for my reef. I would like it to have 1 large door on the font that swings up. I would also like the canopy to cover the trim of the tank. I drew out some thing on sketchup. Dimensions with trim 48.5" x 18.5" Thanks - Jason something like bellow. I just dont know what...
  20. JasonandRay

cositering a down-size

Well... you may know my tank has been going down hill. It started getting better and corals started to open again. I wanted to continue my water changes to get the calcium back in check. all was going well 15 gallons of fresh salt-water ready, aged, and heated to 78 degrees. The usaial water...
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back